2012 tower slow at opening stuff

logicfury

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I've had this weird issue where my computer will randomly start opening files rather slowly. My tower has i7 16gb of ram ssd etc. so I don't think its a part defect.

So basically when my computer enters the slow-phase the act of opening stuff slows down : folders, basic word programs, webpages etc. The weird thing is lets say once the website is finally loaded, browsing it is very fasy but if I want to open a new website (even google) it takes around 5 seconds instead of the usual 1/2 second. Same thing with games, I have no lagging problems inside the game but opening is slow during the slow phase. Restarting the computer fixes it temporarily. This issue can happen anywhere from 1 hour into using the computer to 8 hours. Again this is an issue with just opening programs.

Thanks

British_and_Proud

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
If you want a solution to the loading times on the internet, Get mozzila firefox browser. It is not only secure but is actually faster then all of the others, because IE9 is quite slow, instead of thee fact they say it's supposed to be fast. So get mozzila firefox and that may help with the loading times on the internet. For the other items mentioned, i can only suggest going through your hard drive and removing any unused programs [....etc.]

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
When the slowdown starts, open your Task Manager and see if your Resource Monitor shows a particular application that might be hogging your resources.

If you have lots of programs running in the background, then one or all of them might be slowing everything down. You might have to shut down some of your background apps.

Download and run Ccleaner. Also do a registry fix with Ccleaner.

Run a full Malwarebytes scan.

See if any of these work.

-----------
i7 3770K OC @ 4.2Ghz / ASRock Extreme 4 Z77 / evga FTW 670 2X-SLI / Creative SB Audigy SE PCI Sound Card / 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 / 2 TB WD Caviar Black / 2 TB Seagate Barracuda / Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System / LG 14X Blu-ray R/W / Corsair 1000w PSU / AzzA Genesis 9000 full tower / Windows 7 Professional 64 / 144hz 1ms 24-inch Asus monitor

logicfury

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Ok I tried all of the above solutions. One weird thing I noticed worked to speed it up instead of restarting the computer is deleting explorer.exe with task manager and creating it again. Closing all windows, rebooting wifi, non of that works but for some reason deleting explorer.exe and recreating it does. Thoughts?