Use 100% of CPU?

chandest

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Hello there.

I am having an i3770K CPU which is OC'ed to 4,5 Ghz.

I'd like to know if it's possible to let the CPU run at 100% speed 24/7? I have 4 programs running, and they'll run even faster if my CPU gets to use it's full power.
I know this can be achieved by using cgminer for instance, but are there any other ways?

chandest

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Well Prime would benchmark it and not giving the programs full capacity

no you can set it on an infinite run i use it to test my overclocks (sometimes it let it run for more then 10 hours)

chandest

Honorable
May 12, 2013

Oh. I thought it would "steal" the CPU power while running? I have to let my programs use the full capacity :) Thanks I'll look into it and turn back!

i don't know about stealling the cpu power but i was watching a 1080p video on my pc or played minecraft on it while it was running and it gave me a little bit off lag sometimes but i don't think it would steal it maybe you are better off without it and just let the programs do there job.

4745454b

Titan
These "4 programs" will run as best they can on your CPU and GPU. Seeing as you made two threads. They will load the CPU/GPU as best they can. You can't run another program and hit "100%" usage and make them run faster. If they are badly coded piles of junk there won't be much you can do to make them go faster.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
If your cpu isn't running at full speed on a certain program then its either because the program isn't multi threaded enough to make use of all its cores or there's a bottleneck somewhere else in your system, such as in the GPU, hard drive, etc.

Your logic is backwards. Your CPU will only run at full power ** IF ** your programs can use that power. Putting a load program on to artificially make your CPU run at full power means that it will use that power and it will NOT be available for you other programs.