Hi all, im about to build a new gaming PC, im planning to play at 1920x1080 (as you can see by the monitor), what I want to know is if I not "bottlenecking" something, if the power supply is the right and if you guys think that this system would be usefull once the new consoles come out, because once they come out it will be an upgrade in graphics for also the pc gaming, so im planning to use this system when that happend and for that time I don´t want to upgrade anything. so hope to hear your opinions, thanks!
1. For gaming today, a 3570K will be just as effective as a 3770K. Use the $100 saved elsewhere.
If you can wait, haswell will be here within a month, look for the 4670K and a z87 based motherboard.
2. For a single 1080P monitor, I would go with a strong single gpu. A 7970 or GTX670/680.
Look for the upcoming GTX770 or 780 card.
3. I like 16gb, even though you wil use only 2-3gb for gaming. But buy a single 16gb kit of low profile 1600 ram( 2 x 8gb).
4. Why 3 hard drives? I would buy a 240gb ssd, and a single large storage drive.
5. In a well ventilated case like yours, I would go air cooling. Look for a Noctua NH-D14 or phanteks. Liquid tends to be noisier, more expensive, less reliable, and does not cool any better. There qre too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks and destroys everything.
6. Coolermaster psu's have iffy reputations. Look for Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX
Here is a quality tiered list: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx
7. With your budget, I would look for a IPS panel monitor. Look for a 178/178 viewing angle.
Better yet, look for a 1920 x 1440 27" monitor. It is one of the few future proof pc purchases you can make today.
Thanks geofelt, so you recommend me to wait for the new haswell?
When you have the itch, you must scratch it.
In this case, I suggest you wait if you can. It is supposed to launch early June.
A 4670K will probably sell for $227, and be 10-15% faster than a 3570K.
Also, you may well see a GTX770 or 780 in that time frame. No doubt AMD will have to respond with something to compete.
Probably some sort of pricing action.
For what it is worth, I also think the cosmos case is overpriced and probably much larger than needed to hold your parts.
But, cases are a personal thing, so do spend what you need to buy a case you love.
For a gaming build there is no need to get a i7. The i5 3570K is all that is needed for gaming and a i7 would just be a waist of money.
As for waiting I see it like this if you are going to play the waiting game you could be waiting for ever as there will always be something new coming out. And unless the 4670K is over 10% faster it will not even enough of a increase to even notice.
Mmmhh I see, so it would be not a good idea to wait, and the 3770k it seems like not the best option for gaming, and a single more powerfull card would be better, and a cooler master psu is not a good idea, well the hard drive basically I put them that way because I already have them, so I think im gonna for a i5 3570k and maybe a 7970