Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

display randomly changes resolution or aspect ratio. Please Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 14, 2013 2:03:53 PM

when i watch a video on full screen the display changes resolution or ratio automatically, its getting very annoying watching a video/movie and having it to zoom in and out making the picture blurry, it not only changes the size in the video but it also changes my desktop scaling to not fit the monitor. i provided a link to video of what it does maybe it makes better sence than my explaining. my task bar is half gone. i check my screen setting after and nothing is changed.
here is my video card

ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM2Bf9K_6z4&feature=youtu.be

May 14, 2013 3:04:56 PM

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics card drivers, downloading the latest appropriate version and re-installing? that could work. Otherwise it could be your card improperly detecting the monitor, you could play around with the monitor's input settings as well as the display settings in CCC, or you could try using a different type of connection.
m
0
l
May 14, 2013 3:20:43 PM

psychoclown81 said:
Have you tried uninstalling your graphics card drivers, downloading the latest appropriate version and re-installing? that could work. Otherwise it could be your card improperly detecting the monitor, you could play around with the monitor's input settings as well as the display settings in CCC, or you could try using a different type of connection.


well i thought it only did it to movie and video in player but now its doing it to games when they hit full screen. i will uninstall the drivers now and re download them. they display setting are fine they are set to recommended and never change. it is connected through hdmi being the only way to connect. it has been fine for about a month and just randomly started to do so i just shutdown pc threw start button one day and then a few hours later it came on this way.
what is ccc?
m
0
l
Related resources
May 14, 2013 3:56:50 PM

Catalyst Control Center, i guess it's called Vision Engine Control Center now, your desktop display settings manager that comes with AMD drivers
m
0
l
May 14, 2013 4:39:04 PM

psychoclown81 said:
Catalyst Control Center, i guess it's called Vision Engine Control Center now, your desktop display settings manager that comes with AMD drivers


i appreciate the help, so thank you. but so far no good. i uninstalled drivers re installed and still does the same. i looked around in ccc and all the settings are correct to screen. everything looks normal. just still failing to stick to its settings
m
0
l
May 14, 2013 4:58:02 PM

Sometimes HDMI can be finnicky for PC's, have you tried fiddling with the settings on your monitor?
m
0
l
May 14, 2013 5:15:30 PM

psychoclown81 said:
Sometimes HDMI can be finnicky for PC's, have you tried fiddling with the settings on your monitor?


not a monitor, its my tv. 1920x1080 60hz
so i cant really play with any settings on it.

it was fine for about a month with out doing this and then out of no where it starts to adjust its self
m
0
l
!