HD 7970 3GB vs 680 4GB OC ?

fbgkimpan

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
So once again I have to seek advice from one of the best site to give me advice when it comes to building my computer.

I have to decide between grafic cards. I have a budget of 3000 sek (not sure how much in euro).

However; I found two great deals on two cards.

1. KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 EX OC 4GB DDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCIe - 2999 sek
2. MSI Radeon HD7970 3GB DDR5 DVI HDMI 2xDisplayPort PCIe - 2999 sek

I cannot find any proper benchmark between these two cards.
I plan to TRY and get eyefinity / nivida surround system in the future.

The games I currently play are WoW and LoL. I'm not sure what kind of games I will play in the future as if it matters in my decision.

I've always looked at the Radeon due to it's higher memory, however this 680 has 4gb so I suppose it might be better for eyefinity / surround?
All advice possible is appricated as I cannot find any good benchmark between these two cards.

What would you pick and why?

You won't use up 4GB. Both cards are overkill for WoW and LoL. I also have never heard of KFA2. That aside, if both of the cards cost the same, I'd get the GTX 680.

Though, I would've loved some links to those cards. I trust MSI more than KFA2, having never heard of the latter. And it probably has better cooling. On OC, both the HD 7970 and GTX 680 are about equal.

Hello.
KFA2 is a well known company which is dedicated to nvidia gpus. Its the europian part of Galaxy. And well... everyone knows MSI...
Since they are both at the same price and they are more or less in the same degree of performance it's really up to you depending on which gpu manufacturer you like most. AMD or Nvidia.

edit:
KFA2 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 EX OC 4GB
MSI R7970-2PMD3GD5

From what I see from these 2 versions, the GTX680 from KFA2 is a better product than MSI's 7970 at all parts (better cooler, better performance, better power consumption, more memory) while they cost the same.
The choice is obvious KFA2 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 EX OC 4GB.

Edit 2:
Also for multi monitor at wow even 680 with 2GB is a better choice. 4GB would be perfect.
wow_5760_1080.gif