Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

final decision and thoughts on first build.

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 16, 2013 6:43:35 PM

im just posting and looking to other peoples advice and thoughts on my final decision for my first gaming build. I want to know if all the parts will work together with no problems and everything fits well.
CPU: Amd fx-6300
PSU: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze
Certified ATX12V Power Supply
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 650ti Boost Superclocked 2gb
MOBO: gigabyte ga-970a-d3 am3+
RAM: Kingston hyperx blu 8gb
CASE: Thermaltake Chaser A31 VP300A1W2N Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200
RPM RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
optical drive: LG 24x DVD/CD Writer
thanks in advanced.
May 16, 2013 6:55:43 PM

Looks like a good and balanced build.
m
0
l
May 16, 2013 8:43:11 PM

What is your location.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 16, 2013 8:59:15 PM

giltyler said:
What is your location.
I live in Manitoba Canada.

m
0
l
May 16, 2013 9:01:14 PM

Goodeggray said:
Looks like a good and balanced build.
good. would you know how many more fan upgrades would I be able to do? and if I should just overclock on air or spend extra money for a water cooler?

m
0
l
May 16, 2013 9:03:03 PM

and by the way if I did it right the final price after taxes (not including possible shipping) is under $815
m
0
l
May 16, 2013 9:11:29 PM

Are you over clocking very much? if not you will not need any water cooling.
If you do get a water cooler look at the Swiftech 220
m
0
l
May 16, 2013 9:12:56 PM

You can air cool with a cooler master 212 for about $30. The next step up are the $80 and up air coolers or all in one water coolers. New case not too familiar with it.
m
0
l
May 18, 2013 7:34:05 PM

Goodeggray said:
You can air cool with a cooler master 212 for about $30. The next step up are the $80 and up air coolers or all in one water coolers. New case not too familiar with it.
ok. I just picked this case because it looked good and was a decent size. is there any other cases you would recommend that can fit bigger graphics card in the future that has good cooling? I like the coolermaster haf cases but they are pretty pricy aren't they?

m
0
l
May 18, 2013 7:35:31 PM

giltyler said:
Are you over clocking very much? if not you will not need any water cooling.
If you do get a water cooler look at the Swiftech 220
yes I am very interested in overclocking. I want to get around 4.5ghz. I have no experience and very little no how of doing so though.

m
0
l
May 18, 2013 8:13:02 PM

I ran a H100 and H80 on my I5 2500K OC to 4.5 GHZ with no problems Every bags on those coolers but they do work well and if you up grade the fans are fairly quiet.
I used the AEROCOOL Skark fans.
I have never been a fan of Big Air coolers due to the bulk. I put a picture of H80 first and then H100


m
0
l
May 18, 2013 9:50:24 PM

giltyler said:
I ran a H100 and H80 on my I5 2500K OC to 4.5 GHZ with no problems Every bags on those coolers but they do work well and if you up grade the fans are fairly quiet.
I used the AEROCOOL Skark fans.
I have never been a fan of Big Air coolers due to the bulk. I put a picture of H80 first and then H100


the h100 looks good. and what kind of case is it in the pictures you sent?

m
0
l
May 18, 2013 10:23:01 PM

giltyler said:
My case is the Corsair 600T Graphite white edition.
The case has plenty of space to work with.
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1188/pg1/corsair-...
that's a nice case. o you think you would be able to come up with a cheaper build? mine seems a little bit high for what im getting to me. one with maybe a

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor and a 7870. something like this but with amd quad core so I can overclock. the reason im going with amd for a cpu is because I want 4 or more cores and intel is quite a bit more expensive for 4 cores.
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core ProcessorP ($118.79 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 MotherboardP ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 MemoryP ($47.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard DriveP ($55.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video CardP ($234.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power SupplyP ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $557.72
just switch the cpu for amd quad core and either a 600w or 650w.

and I already have a keyboard, mouse and screen I just need hardware. I don't know if im going to get a windows disc from a friend yet so that might have to be included.
m
0
l
May 26, 2013 5:07:39 PM

would anyone know how the fx-4350 does with games? or if should stick with 6300. and I have to buy a windows os disc now as I cant use the one I was going to get so im trying to find ways to cut down price without drastic performance changes.
m
0
l
May 26, 2013 8:37:39 PM

Do you have any other parts to re use like a hard drive or CD/DVD drive?
I can look up a few options and did you buy the case yet?
Look over this Build It should perform well and each part was selected based on value for performance output.
PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($70.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($179.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $744.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-27 00:10 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
May 28, 2013 3:57:03 PM

giltyler said:
Do you have any other parts to re use like a hard drive or CD/DVD drive?
I can look up a few options and did you buy the case yet?
Look over this Build It should perform well and each part was selected based on value for performance output.
PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/10kjB/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Canada Computers)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($70.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($179.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($94.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $744.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-27 00:10 EDT-0400)
thank you for that build. I have a kinda old desktop computer with only windows xp, amd Athlon 64 3500+ am2, 1 gb ddr2 243mhz ram, asus m2a-vm am2 mbo, no graphics card, 149gb hdd with windows xp on it, and a pioneer dvd-rw dvr 112d optical drive, and a thermal take 430w psu. im not sure if any of the parts from my old computer is worth carrying over as they are od and out dated id say. the case is a cooler master elite 330, thatd might be able to fit the gpu. and is the 660 you mentioned much better than the 650 superclocked I mentioned? ill look at them on gpuboss comparison.

m
0
l
May 28, 2013 7:08:32 PM

The 660 is a better faster card and the one I listed is on sale for close to the same price as a 650SC
I would start fresh with new parts so you do not have to worry about old parts breaking down.
m
0
l
May 28, 2013 7:51:21 PM

giltyler said:
The 660 is a better faster card and the one I listed is on sale for close to the same price as a 650SC
I would start fresh with new parts so you do not have to worry about old parts breaking down.
ok then. I think I would go with your build but im still open to other suggestions. I will probably have more questions later on too. thanks

m
0
l
May 28, 2013 8:06:43 PM

Good luck with the build.
m
0
l
June 10, 2013 5:44:52 PM

hey, I was thinking of making an upgrade with the old computer I have, new everything. I picked out a Seagate barricuda 1tb, asus m5a97 r2.0 motherboard, corsair builder cx600 600w atx12v v2.3 80 plus bronze psu, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600mhz, and md fx-4300. I got a sapphire radeon hd 5750 vapor-x for $40 and I want to make a low-mid range gaming pc for just indie type games. I already have a case and hard drive with windows xp loaded onto it from the older computer I will upgrade. i would eventually upgrade to something like a 7770 later. i want to know if all these parts will work together good. and isn't there a thing where you can upgrade from windows xp to windows 7 and get a bunch of money off?
m
0
l
!