Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3000€ Budget for Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 17, 2013 10:48:40 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: €3000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,Video Editing, Movies, Surfing

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Everything, starting from scratch

Do you need to buy OS: No. I have Win 7 Pro 64bit

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't matter.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland, ( EU )

Parts Preferences:None

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Why not?

Your Monitor Resolution: 2560x1440 single screen.

Additional Comments: Looking for set up to run the latest games with at least 60-80 avg fps on very high settings. (If my budget cuts short inform me about it)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Moving out and I need my own computer, its gonna be nice flat apartment so please keep the set up quite silent.

More about : 3000e budget gaming

a c 280 4 Gaming
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
May 17, 2013 11:02:21 AM

If you post the store that you're buying from that will help to suggest a system, If you don't know one check the master sticky at the top of this forum.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 11:58:56 AM

You're going to be able to pretty much afford anything with 3000 euros, and max all games. But is the focus going to be gaming, or video editing? That determines whether you focus on a high powered cpu (like a hex core i7) or a high powered gpu (like a titan).
m
0
l
Related resources
May 17, 2013 12:03:13 PM

I will focus on gaming and would prefer easily upgrade able rig. I have no specific store, but it can be from anywhere. I mean like I might order few parts from one place and few from another place.

My country takes no fee from EU/American parts. Not sure about Asian/African
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:17:59 PM

In which case, you could probably go for something like SLI gtx Titan, i5 3570k and a good z77 motherboard. SLI Titan would keep you running at max for a while presumably. I wouldn't try watercooling, here's an example of it gone wrong :)  : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IoV5nrV4E0
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:18:58 PM

A fan like the Noctua D14 should be sufficient for cooling.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:29:46 PM

Updated the first post to give out better information from my demand. Also if you could collect your suggestions to actual links/parts on one post. Thanks. ^^
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b B Homebuilt system
May 17, 2013 12:40:45 PM

Start with a hd 7950/-7970, 40-60fps average could be achieved, just tweak some settings...
Some settings need a lot power, but are visually nearly none noticable... So the goal to play everything on max. Is kinda stupid.
Dont need to pay more then 1000€ for the pc.
I would w8 for haswell
Save the 2000€ for future upgrades, gtx700 series, hd8000 series.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:48:03 PM

Marcopolo123 said:
Start with a hd 7950/-7970, 40-60fps average could be achieved, just tweak some settings...
Some settings need a lot power, but are visually nearly none noticable... So the goal to play everything on max. Is kinda stupid.
Dont need to pay more then 1000€ for the pc.
I would w8 for haswell
Save the 2000€ for future upgrades, gtx700 series, hd8000 series.



Thank you for your response and I want to point out that by saying "running latest games with at least 60-80 avg fps on very high settings" I do NOT mean max settings.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:52:29 PM

No point in buying a 1000 euro pc, just to replace most of it within a year. I don't think haswell will be a big step up, and gtx 700 are quite literally going to be gtx 600 series rebranded (someone even managed to have his gtx 680 recognised as a gtx 770). If you need the pc now, get something like the gtx Titan, or wait if you want to. It won't make much of a difference either way.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 12:57:16 PM

eskimoseb9 said:
No point in buying a 1000 euro pc, just to replace most of it within a year. I don't think haswell will be a big step up, and gtx 700 are quite literally going to be gtx 600 series rebranded (someone even managed to have his gtx 680 recognised as a gtx 770). If you need the pc now, get something like the gtx Titan, or wait if you want to. It won't make much of a difference either way.


Well, could you collect me a package for to buy now? Detailed package. ^^ It would help out to think about the waiting somewhat. ^^
m
0
l
a c 280 4 Gaming
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
May 17, 2013 1:22:48 PM

NitPudez said:
I will focus on gaming and would prefer easily upgrade able rig. I have no specific store, but it can be from anywhere. I mean like I might order few parts from one place and few from another place.

My country takes no fee from EU/American parts. Not sure about Asian/African


Even if your country doesn't take import taxes you will get hosed for international shipping fees from UPS or FedEx.

I've seen a lot of people recommend Jimms.fi, so let's try that:

Case: Silverstone Temjin Series TJ04B - 139.00 €
PSU: Seasonic X750 Gold - 189.00 €
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH - 194.90 €
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - 225.00 €
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - 73.90 €
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill Ares DDR3 1866 MHz 1.5V - 79.00 €
SSD: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro - 134.90 €
HD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - 93.00 €
Optical: 22X Samsung DVD Burner - 21.00 €
Video Card: 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 - 399.00 € (each, 798.00 € total)

Total: 1947.70 €

Then with the difference add a nice 1440P display and whatever monitor and keyboard and mouse you want.

Quote:
No point in buying a 1000 euro pc, just to replace most of it within a year. I don't think haswell will be a big step up, and gtx 700 are quite literally going to be gtx 600 series rebranded (someone even managed to have his gtx 680 recognised as a gtx 770). If you need the pc now, get something like the gtx Titan, or wait if you want to. It won't make much of a difference either way.


I completely agree with most of the points here. The next generation of NVIDIA cards aren't going to be a huge step up from what's out now (that will be the 8XX series) and the same thing with the Radeon 8XXX. For 1440P dual GTX 670s I've always felt are the best value out there right now since it gives you the equivalent of a 690 or Titan for several hundred less.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:00:03 PM

That's a good rig. I really think that you don't need to spend 3000 euros, that setup will give you good frame rates at high settings.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:09:35 PM

I forgot to add very important demand for the rig.

I will be streaming with it, so if i would go with that rig from G-unit which parts I would need to change/reconsider? 720p streaming.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:21:07 PM
May 17, 2013 2:23:31 PM

I think that's a bit extreme for gaming, that's more suitable for high level rendering and editing. g-unit's rig should be suitable for streaming, an i7 won't give you a big boost. More important is a fast upload speed.
m
0
l
a c 280 4 Gaming
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
May 17, 2013 2:29:38 PM



Yeah you're not going to come out ahead buying X79 for a gaming rig, too much investment for almost no payoff. You're better off paying less, and getting a solid 1440P display, a nice set of speakers and whatever keyboard and mouse you want, and call it a day. Plus Newegg won't ship to Finland, that's why I created the master sticky at the top of this forum.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:33:29 PM

Yeah, the budget is 3K, but if I can run it smoothly with cheaper rig. It just makes me much happier. ^^

I'm just wondering why you recommend 670 ones over 680?

I can get shipping from UK with a help of local person.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:37:17 PM

NitPudez said:
Yeah, the budget is 3K, but if I can run it smoothly with cheaper rig. It just makes me much happier. ^^

I'm just wondering why you recommend 670 ones over 680?

I can get shipping from UK with a help of local person.


The gtx 670 can easily be OC'd to the speed of the 680, but is just slightly cheaper.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:40:52 PM

g-unit1111 said:


Yeah you're not going to come out ahead buying X79 for a gaming rig, too much investment for almost no payoff. You're better off paying less, and getting a solid 1440P display, a nice set of speakers and whatever keyboard and mouse you want, and call it a day. Plus Newegg won't ship to Finland, that's why I created the master sticky at the top of this forum.

I added it beacuse new gen consoles are weak 8 cored so there might be more multithreaded apps soon. Still he could get fine with i5 3570k and Z77 and nice monitor :) . But if he goes with 6core 12 threaded CPU he will be happy after some years.

NitPudez said:
Yeah, the budget is 3K, but if I can run it smoothly with cheaper rig. It just makes me much happier. ^^

I'm just wondering why you recommend 670 ones over 680?

I can get shipping from UK with a help of local person.


670s have better bang for your buck.
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 2:47:34 PM

Thanks for all your answers. I got handle of it now and it helped out a lot.

Could I get few recommends for monitor (1440p).

Do I need post seperate post on diffirent subforum?
m
0
l
!