Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i5 3470 + HD 7950 with boost or i5 3570k + HD 7950 with boost

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 17, 2013 1:42:49 PM

i have a 7950 boost 3gb ddr5 GPU, but now confused which processor should i buy- either i5 3570k or i5 3470. as i dont want to OC the processor on my opinion 3470 will be best for me. also can u suggest me whether to buy an i7 for gaming?

Best solution

May 17, 2013 1:48:00 PM

Don't get an i7 for gaming, there only a tiny bit better for gaming than i5 (but better at other things of course) If you don't plan to overclock, don't get the 3470, get the 3550 it's much better for only a bit more money.
Share
May 17, 2013 1:55:04 PM

I7 does nothing for gaming, it has hyper-threading which is good for encoding and rendering.

If you play CPU intensive games I would suggest you get the -k version with an hyper evo 212 and overclock to 4.3ghz and it will give you a pretty good performance increase. Overclocking is super simple with the latest generation of Intel processors, and nothing to be afraid of.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 17, 2013 11:41:31 PM

edogawa said:
I7 does nothing for gaming, it has hyper-threading which is good for encoding and rendering.

If you play CPU intensive games I would suggest you get the -k version with an hyper evo 212 and overclock to 4.3ghz and it will give you a pretty good performance increase. Overclocking is super simple with the latest generation of Intel processors, and nothing to be afraid of.


thnx for the response bro but i dont want to oc (as i m a nobs at least for me i think its pretty risky) how much will be the performance difference with 3550 vs 3570k?
m
0
l
May 17, 2013 11:45:50 PM

MJSBLUES said:
Don't get an i7 for gaming, there only a tiny bit better for gaming than i5 (but better at other things of course) If you don't plan to overclock, don't get the 3470, get the 3550 it's much better for only a bit more money.



thnx bro
my config will be i5 3550, 7950 with boost 3gb , 8gb 1600 mhz Ram, assrock z77 extreme 4, tt- smart m550w psu - is there any chance of bottleneck ?

i m also confused with MOBO as i want an crossfire x enabled MOBO ( with at least 2 PCI X16) which should i buy? i will not oc my cpu or gpu so is it worth to buy an asrock z77 ?
m
0
l
May 18, 2013 12:12:42 AM

Hasanul Haque Tushar said:
edogawa said:
I7 does nothing for gaming, it has hyper-threading which is good for encoding and rendering.

If you play CPU intensive games I would suggest you get the -k version with an hyper evo 212 and overclock to 4.3ghz and it will give you a pretty good performance increase. Overclocking is super simple with the latest generation of Intel processors, and nothing to be afraid of.


thnx for the response bro but i dont want to oc (as i m a nobs at least for me i think its pretty risky) how much will be the performance difference with 3550 vs 3570k?


Negligible unless overclocking.
m
0
l
May 18, 2013 12:16:17 AM

Hasanul Haque Tushar said:
MJSBLUES said:
Don't get an i7 for gaming, there only a tiny bit better for gaming than i5 (but better at other things of course) If you don't plan to overclock, don't get the 3470, get the 3550 it's much better for only a bit more money.



thnx bro
my config will be i5 3550, 7950 with boost 3gb , 8gb 1600 mhz Ram, assrock z77 extreme 4, tt- smart m550w psu - is there any chance of bottleneck ?

i m also confused with MOBO as i want an crossfire x enabled MOBO ( with at least 2 PCI X16) which should i buy? i will not oc my cpu or gpu so is it worth to buy an asrock z77 ?


No bottleneck.
The Z77 extreme 4 is fine and will support crossfire.
m
0
l
!