Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I need info on what to upgrade to game on pc.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 18, 2013 3:28:48 PM

I want to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 570's video card to a Asus Radeon Hd 7750 1gb.

My Specs:

300 watts psu

Intel Hd Integrated Graphics (Rich gaming alright :(  )

Amd athlon II x2 250

5.75 gbs of RAM.

some mother board with what i think has a pci-express slot

I want to play games like Arma II, and Rome total War II Heroes and Generals and Minecraft. I play all these games (but Minecraft) on the lowest of low settings and i average 10 fps! Im not touching those applications again till i get at least 30 fps on them. Minecraft i run on 30 fps on short with everything on low. Please explain to me how i can play these games. I have a budget of 150 $ Thanks!

P.S. Im running on Windows 7. Also can u explain to me why my pc is so slow?

More about : info upgrade game

a b 4 Gaming
a c 298 U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 3:34:48 PM

Depending on your monitor's resolution, the HD 7750 should be fine for what you want to do. It gets all its power from the PCIe slot itself... no need for an aux. PCIe power cable. In fact, I would not recommend anything more powerful than that without a PSU upgrade.

That card should give you smooth game play at 1680x1050 and lower with high-ish settings. 1920x1080 with reduced settings. Here are some price selections from Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 3:37:18 PM

Not sure how you could have intel IGP with an AMD CPU. Might want to figure that out first :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 298 U Graphics card
May 18, 2013 3:44:10 PM

vrumor said:
Not sure how you could have intel IGP with an AMD CPU. Might want to figure that out first :) 


Good eye. I didn't spot that.
m
0
l
May 18, 2013 3:56:20 PM

clutchc said:
Depending on your monitor's resolution, the HD 7750 should be fine for what you want to do. It gets all its power from the PCIe slot itself... no need for an aux. PCIe power cable. In fact, I would not recommend anything more powerful than that without a PSU upgrade.

That card should give you smooth game play at 1680x1050 and lower with high-ish settings. 1920x1080 with reduced settings. Here are some price selections from Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...



m
0
l
May 18, 2013 5:01:14 PM

Oops I messed up ur right, my graphics card is a Amd Radeon Hd 4200
(It might not be HD...) Oh and can someone tell me how to alert someone that im replying to them? Well if i can do that.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 298 U Graphics card
May 19, 2013 7:56:26 AM

The person you are responding to will get an email telling them there is a reply. Or am I not understanding your question?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 19, 2013 10:11:20 AM

back to the topic.

Get 7750 (and nothing else). It is good for your computer. It will run almost all things at atleast 30 (crysis 3 should be example). My friends got one and he can run bf 3 mp on mid-lowish settings 30+frames. Im worried about your CPU since its worse than his i5 (duh). It should work great on SP for sure. Note that bf3 is way more demanding than minecraft...

Hope it helps!
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a c 191 U Graphics card
May 19, 2013 10:35:55 AM

@Mojoe134: Go ahead, it should fit (7750 is a fairly compact card) and will run off the existing power supply.
Be aware the CPU is very weak by current standards and games like BF3 are heavily dependant on the CPU performance to yield playable frame rates.
Please post another thread in the Systems Forum regarding the slow performance if none of these help:
Clean out the hard drive; CCleaner is a superb (and free) tool and much more flexible than the disc clean up utility provided with Windows.
Make sure you only have ICONS not folders on your desktop, folders belong in the 'C' drive.
How many programs start with Windows? The more apps running the slower the system will be and the longer it will take to boot up.
Do a virus/malware scan, in both normal and Safe Modes.
Make sure ALL the drivers are up to date-Sound, video, chipset etc.
Make sure Windows is fully updated, autoupdate is on by default but there's no harm in checking.
Defragment the hard drive-this should be done last, after you have cleaned out all the unwanted files/uninstalled all those demos you no longer want/updated the drivers etc.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 19, 2013 11:11:44 AM

Mojoe134 said:
I want to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 570's video card to a Asus Radeon Hd 7750 1gb.

My Specs:

300 watts psu

Intel Hd Integrated Graphics (Rich gaming alright :(  )

Amd athlon II x2 250

5.75 gbs of RAM.

some mother board with what i think has a pci-express slot

I want to play games like Arma II, and Rome total War II Heroes and Generals and Minecraft. I play all these games (but Minecraft) on the lowest of low settings and i average 10 fps! Im not touching those applications again till i get at least 30 fps on them. Minecraft i run on 30 fps on short with everything on low. Please explain to me how i can play these games. I have a budget of 150 $ Thanks!

P.S. Im running on Windows 7. Also can u explain to me why my pc is so slow?


If you will consider to make you PC capable of running Battlefield 3 on Ultra and Crysis 3 on high (I think, don't have it yet), let me know.
Inspiron 570 is upgradable to Phenom II x4 965 BE, and can be overclocked, but this will require more money!
m
0
l
!