Best 7950 card?

shumail34

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys,

I currently have an XFX DD 7950 which I am going to return due to a problem with one of the fans. I got this for £225. I can either get a new 7950 in exchange for this or return it for a full refund.

Therefore, what i wanted to ask you is whether or not there is a better card out there or even a better 7950 at the same price point. I don't really want to pay more that £225 but I would be willing to if the cost is justified.

Here is one of the cards I have been looking at: http://

Any help/links would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Solution

Yes, the Sapphire cards are much better than the XFX, they have much better VRMs, voltage regulators, the Sapphire also runs much cooler and more quiet and on top of that Sapphire receives better chips than XFX does.

I explained the Vapor-x and Dual-x(boost) above.
That card you have chosen is perfect. Excellent cooler and decent silent operation. Great overclocking potential and Sapphire is one of the largest AMD partners.

I own 2 of those for the record.

Here is another good alternative to the Sapphire :
http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/233969/Radeon-HD-7950-IceQ-Boost---3-GB-GDDR5--

shumail34

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Could you please tell me the difference between the Sapphire Boost 7950 and the Vapor-X 7950?

Also, do you know if the card I have linked would work better than my XFX 7950? Thanks for your response.

No no no... The Vapor-x and Dual-X cooling are EXTREMELY similar in performance but the Vapor-x is quieter at max fan speed. The Vapor-X is also voltage locked and will not OC near us much... Get your facts right. Theoritics is not FACTUAL...

Yes, the Sapphire cards are much better than the XFX, they have much better VRMs, voltage regulators, the Sapphire also runs much cooler and more quiet and on top of that Sapphire receives better chips than XFX does.

I explained the Vapor-x and Dual-x(boost) above.

Solution

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

In TRIXX you can force constant voltages for the Vapor X and that way you modify the core voltage, i have my facts right. Yes its not that convenient to have constant voltages... i can agree here.

Ever try 1.3v+ on the Vapor-x? Didn't think so... :no: The voltage is locked under 1.3v.