Solved

Problems in my newly Built PC

Recently i built my new PC.Here are the Brief Specs of my PC

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5899/sgphoto20130520231524.th.png
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2150/sgphoto20130520231537.th.png
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3439/sgphoto20130520231554.th.png
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2295/sgphoto20130520231601.th.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2505/sgphoto20130520231608.th.png

My Problems are
1)My ram is been shown as 3.25 usable out of 4 gb in windows 32 bit i use.Why is that ?

2)My front audio panel has not been working when i attach any 3.5 mm ear phones or head phones to it.Speakers are working absolutely fine.I rechecked wires but i dont think any problem in wiring.So is it MOBO problem or BIOS problem ?

3)I have bought FX 6100 mainly for encoding purpose but i dont think im getting enough performance even when i have a 6 core processor.Where did i go wrong ??

4)Since i dont play many games i Didn't buy a New GPU. Instead i went along with my old GPU Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB.Is that a reason why my CPU has been underperforming ??

5)Bought Antec X1 cabinet and antec 300w to be sure the system runs smoothly along with 4x 120mm cooler master fans.So any more changes to be made so that
i can bring out MAX usauge of my CPU.

Hope u guys give me some answers for me
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problems newly built
  1. 1) you have windows 32bit you need 64 bit to make use of 4gb or more ram and anyway windows preserve some but first you have to get 64 bit

    2) is it the case audio panel or the motherboard audio jack if its the case read and make sure you connected right and if its the motherboard then you migth just have a bad motherboard but first of all make sure you have the audio chipset driver installed

    3) how do you know your 6100 preforms badly have you ran any benchmarks yet if not try cinebench 11 and see how many points you get you should get more then me since i have 4core 5800k @ 4ghz i got 3.37 in cpu and dont blame the cpu at bad gaming preformance because games mostly depends on gpu and that gpu is very weak

    so good luck and hope i answered your questions
  2. cooldex said:
    1) you have windows 32bit you need 64 bit to make use of 4gb or more ram and anyway windows preserve some but first you have to get 64 bit

    2) is it the case audio panel or the motherboard audio jack if its the case read and make sure you connected right and if its the motherboard then you migth just have a bad motherboard but first of all make sure you have the audio chipset driver installed

    3) how do you know your 6100 preforms badly have you ran any benchmarks yet if not try cinebench 11 and see how many points you get you should get more then me since i have 4core 5800k @ 4ghz i got 3.37 in cpu and dont blame the cpu at bad gaming preformance because games mostly depends on gpu and that gpu is very weak

    so good luck and hope i answered your questions


    i will try 64 bit as soon as possible and see whether my 4gb is being used fully.As far as front audio jack is concerned i dnt think there is any problem with case.May be u can suggest any drivers or settings in BIOS for this type of problem.
    And i will download cinebench and post my values as soon as possible.And what about my GPU.Is the GPU main reason for slow encoding.It takes around 35 min to encode a 24 minute anime which i find is more time with a 6 core processor. Thats the reason i felt my processor was slow.
  3. harsha008 said:
    cooldex said:
    1) you have windows 32bit you need 64 bit to make use of 4gb or more ram and anyway windows preserve some but first you have to get 64 bit

    2) is it the case audio panel or the motherboard audio jack if its the case read and make sure you connected right and if its the motherboard then you migth just have a bad motherboard but first of all make sure you have the audio chipset driver installed

    3) how do you know your 6100 preforms badly have you ran any benchmarks yet if not try cinebench 11 and see how many points you get you should get more then me since i have 4core 5800k @ 4ghz i got 3.37 in cpu and dont blame the cpu at bad gaming preformance because games mostly depends on gpu and that gpu is very weak

    so good luck and hope i answered your questions


    i will try 64 bit as soon as possible and see whether my 4gb is being used fully.As far as front audio jack is concerned i dnt think there is any problem with case.May be u can suggest any drivers or settings in BIOS for this type of problem.
    And i will download cinebench and post my values as soon as possible.And what about my GPU.Is the GPU main reason for slow encoding.It takes around 35 min to encode a 24 minute anime which i find is more time with a 6 core processor. Thats the reason i felt my processor was slow.


    what is the chipset of the audio do you still have the motherboard manual or do you know what model is it from the maker or look on the motherboard to see a chip by the audio connectors and write them letters down and make sure in bios that the onboard audio is enable and to the encoding problem im not very sure about that honestly i just game on my pc but i do know that the 8350 and i7 3770k is best in rendering and encoding or try posting anorther question about fx6100 encoding problems and i do know some adobe and video editing programs needs professional graphics card but you should ask a export in that catergory before buying a new card
  4. http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7025/imgdjx.jpg

    Here is the scanned copy of my MOBO manual.I connected my Panel audio connector as shown in the manual
  5. your audio chipset is Realtek ALC887 looking for drivers now
  6. Best answer
  7. harsha008 said:
    Recently i built my new PC.Here are the Brief Specs of my PC
    My Problems are
    1)My ram is been shown as 3.25 usable out of 4 gb in windows 32 bit i use.Why is that ?

    2)My front audio panel has not been working when i attach any 3.5 mm ear phones or head phones to it.Speakers are working absolutely fine.I rechecked wires but i dont think any problem in wiring.So is it MOBO problem or BIOS problem ?

    3)I have bought FX 6100 mainly for encoding purpose but i dont think im getting enough performance even when i have a 6 core processor.Where did i go wrong ??

    4)Since i dont play many games i Didn't buy a New GPU. Instead i went along with my old GPU Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB.Is that a reason why my CPU has been underperforming ??

    5)Bought Antec X1 cabinet and antec 300w to be sure the system runs smoothly along with 4x 120mm cooler master fans.So any more changes to be made so that
    i can bring out MAX usauge of my CPU.

    Hope u guys give me some answers for me


    1. easy - due to a bug/feature of the 32 bit OS, it shows only the available portion of your RAM. Thus GB - video cache - drivers - reserved system stuff == ~3.4 GB

    2. mostly software - if all the connections are right (and you didn't forgot to plug in all the cables the right way in the right spot).

    3. that AMD is only 3 module cpu (and each module uses 2 CPUs with shared resources). Selling it as a 6 core is pure marketing (because more cores are always better). Thus it practically performs a little better than a pure 4 core processor /Phenom II X4/.

    4. well, no... if you were playing games, it would be, but since you're only taxing your CPU, it is not.

    5, getting a decent cooler and overclocking would be worth to consider.
    /or... sell the FX, get an decent Phenom II X6, OC it to 4 GHz and you'll have way better performance than the FX OC to 4.5 GHz... As long as you're not playing games :D/
  8. Then why does it take around 35 min to encode a 24 minute anime which i find is more time with a 6 core processor. Thats the reason i felt my processor was slow
  9. what application you using and did the audio come on
  10. Handbrake application for encoding and im still downloading the drivers as my Speed is low :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD