Best hd 7970's vs best gtx 670's/680's?

SL97

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Like the title says, I'm in need for a comparison of a few gpu's I'm torn between.
Firstly, on AMD's side the ROG matrix platinum hd 7970, the vapour x hd 7970 (6GB or 3GB, does the 6GB add alot of power to the card?). And finally the normal direct cu2 top hd 7970 from asus.

Secondly, on nVidia's side (I don't know a huge deal about nvidia cards) the asus direct cu2 OC card seems to be the highest factory overclocked variant of it? and i've seen good reviews

Comparisons of these cards would be great, thanks in advance to everyone who can give me some good advice :D

Also, its worth mentioning that (apparently) nvidia gtx 700 series cards are supposed to launch in early june, i'm building my first pc in mid june so if these cards come out does anyone think the performance gap would be worth the price premium? I hope I don't see more prices like what they priced the titan at lmao

Solution
Just hold off until May 23rd when the GTX 780 is released. Then you can have a more informed discussion. If you have the money, there is no doubt that the GTX 780 will be the absolute best option.