Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gigabyte BIOS - Can't Change VCORE

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
May 23, 2013 1:22:07 PM

Hello,

I'm new to overclocking and am having an issue when it comes to changing the VCORE option in the BIOS. I'm able to use Page UP/Down to go from AUTO, NORMAL, -.800V to -.700, but I can't enter the values manually without it going straight back to AUTO after hitting enter. The BIOS was flashed to the newest version FC. It's on a GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 3.0) Here's a link to the board: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Other System Specs:
AMD 8350
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Corair 750 PSU
7970 Gigabyte GPU
H100i cooler

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : gigabyte bios change vcore

May 23, 2013 5:37:02 PM

I am having this exact same issue with a Gigabyte 970a-d3 motherboard.



I am running a gigabyte 970a-d3 revision 3 with the January 2013 bios update. I am trying to overclock a fx 6300. Using AMD overdrive to test I was able to get a stable overclock to 4.5Ghz at 1.45 volts. I'm not worried about going higher now. Every time I put my computer to sleep or restart I lose the overclock so I need to do it in Bios.

I can set the multiplier easy enough. I also turned off cool and quiet as well as turbo boost in the bios.

The problem is that I can't change the CPU voltage. It is set to auto and every time I change it to any number and hit enter my numbers just disappear and it goes back to auto. I have googled this problem many times without result. Is this MB not capable of bios overclocking? It seems that I would have found others with this problem if that were the case.


I would really appreciate any help in getting this fixed in my bios. If that is not an option a way to get my software overclock to stick would be great.
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 10:43:42 PM

king3pj said:
I am having this exact same issue with a Gigabyte 970a-d3 motherboard.



I am running a gigabyte 970a-d3 revision 3 with the January 2013 bios update. I am trying to overclock a fx 6300. Using AMD overdrive to test I was able to get a stable overclock to 4.5Ghz at 1.45 volts. I'm not worried about going higher now. Every time I put my computer to sleep or restart I lose the overclock so I need to do it in Bios.

I can set the multiplier easy enough. I also turned off cool and quiet as well as turbo boost in the bios.

The problem is that I can't change the CPU voltage. It is set to auto and every time I change it to any number and hit enter my numbers just disappear and it goes back to auto. I have googled this problem many times without result. Is this MB not capable of bios overclocking? It seems that I would have found others with this problem if that were the case.


I would really appreciate any help in getting this fixed in my bios. If that is not an option a way to get my software overclock to stick would be great.


I feel your pain. Hopefully we'll find an answer! I'll let you know if I do.




Don't...

Bump posts


http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 11, 2013 7:23:55 AM

Hashwagon said:
I'm able to use Page UP/Down to go from AUTO, NORMAL, -.800V to -.700, but I can't enter the values manually without it going straight back to AUTO after hitting enter. The BIOS was flashed to the newest version FC. It's on a GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 3.0) Here's a link to the board: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

....Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ya I have a GA-990FXA-UD5 mobo tho with the lastest bios FC its the same thing im having trouble getting my system to be stable. Tho I just ran across this today gonna try it out later and sound like it should work.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2162-Overclock...
Share
August 12, 2013 6:10:24 PM

computerkidt said:
Hashwagon said:
I'm able to use Page UP/Down to go from AUTO, NORMAL, -.800V to -.700, but I can't enter the values manually without it going straight back to AUTO after hitting enter. The BIOS was flashed to the newest version FC. It's on a GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 3.0) Here's a link to the board: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

....Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ya I have a GA-990FXA-UD5 mobo tho with the lastest bios FC its the same thing im having trouble getting my system to be stable. Tho I just ran across this today gonna try it out later and sound like it should work.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2162-Overclock...


Awesome, thanks for the reply. Let me know how it works out. I'm not going to be able to give it a go for another day or so.
m
0
l
!