Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will the i5 3570 and sapphire hd radeon 7770 ghz edition go together

Last response: in Components
Share
May 23, 2013 1:44:47 PM

Will they bottleneck. Just worried them might since the CPU cost £100 more
May 23, 2013 1:50:01 PM

yeah... you're a bit top heavy... you can go with a much slower cpu and still not cpu bottleneck that 7770.

if your budget is $380 for cpu/gpu, (220 = i5, 160 = 7770)
i would go with a FX6300 (120) and a 7870xt (240) -> that combo will nuke the i5 combo in games. Granted the math isn't that simple... with the fx you'll need a cpu cooler and have to overclock it. if that isn't something you want to do, then i suggest you figure out some way to get a better gpu into your system.
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 1:56:13 PM

Kingfirespark said:
Will they bottleneck. Just worried them might since the CPU cost £100 more


ingtar33 said:
yeah... you're a bit top heavy... you can go with a much slower cpu and still not cpu bottleneck that 7770.

if your budget is $380 for cpu/gpu, (220 = i5, 160 = 7770)
i would go with a FX6300 (120) and a 7870xt (240) -> that combo will nuke the i5 combo in games. Granted the math isn't that simple... with the fx you'll need a cpu cooler and have to overclock it. if that isn't something you want to do, then i suggest you figure out some way to get a better gpu into your system.


Should I get a Nvidia GTX 650 ti. It only cost £20 more and i think they won't bottleneck together. Thanks for you help :) 
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 23, 2013 1:57:33 PM

the 650ti BOOST would be a nice step up, as would the HD 7850... i wouldn't go less then either of those.
Share
May 23, 2013 2:01:32 PM

ingtar33 said:
the 650ti BOOST would be a nice step up, as would the HD 7850... i wouldn't go less then either of those.


Ok I'll go with one of them then. Probably the cheaper option. Thanks
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 2:10:58 PM

good luck!

don't worry about the amount of ram... both of those cards are a smidge too slow to use 2gb of ram... so the 1gb model will work perfect for you.
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 2:10:59 PM

-DELETED - double post-
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 11:53:59 PM

ingtar33 said:
-DELETED - double post-


It's because I did this one and then I pressed a button by accident on my phone and it then glitched out so I just assumed I deleted it's self or failed to load up so I just write it in again and did it but it must of still uploaded before. And thanks :) 
m
0
l
May 23, 2013 11:55:08 PM

When I say did this one, I mean the one before. I typed it in again on this one now
m
0
l
!