7970 artifacting and concerns...

nastynas

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
So i was testing out crysis 1 with my 7970 sapphire ghz ed. and i was running at 1125/1600 and upped it to 1150/1600...after i did that i started getting those graphical artifacting streaks in game so i tuned down the clock to stock and i still kept getting them...until i restarted my computer then they went away but this still really concerns me...
i also noticed my card has a real tough time dealing with crysis 1 on very high lol..and that bugs me cause its like a 5 year old game

notea

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
even tho Crysis is an old gen game, it was so badly ported that even Multi GPU setups will have a hard time, so i wouldnt worry about your performance in that particular game, now about the artifacts, it could be that the GPU isn't getting enough juice, set Powertune to +20%, that should allow for more OC see if the artifacts still show up, if they do, the card is already at its overclocking limit

Edit: the max voltage supported is 1.3v but i dont recommend going that far, maybe in the range of 1.2 - 1.25mv if you plan to increase the voltage