Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New gaming PC suggestions

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 24, 2013 3:37:18 AM

Hi

I am looking to build a new PC as my old one is not able to meet my demands and is getting old. The purpose of the build is gaming mostly

Old specs are :
i7 930
480GTX
X58A-UD3R
8GB Ram

The current budget is around 2300USD and I am flexable

Since the 780GTX is out, I will go with it

Build suggestions are greatly appreciated

Edit:
My current Screen is a 120hz screen at fullHD, but I am thinking of moving to those IPS Dell screens at 2560
I do play demanding games and I noticed a slow down on the 480

More about : gaming suggestions

May 24, 2013 3:39:53 AM

Well, what resolution are you trying to game on? Because that CPU is still enough for pretty much any game. Tell us exactly what you need, you might be able to get by simply by updating your video card.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 24, 2013 4:13:23 AM

Marcopolo123 said:
Yes replacing the gpu will be enough

Your i7-930 is plenty

The gtx 780 with dual fans is realy good
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42784k...

May want to wait for gtx 770...


I would rather have the 780GTX, I just hope my current system wont bottleneck it as that would be a waste
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 4:21:33 AM

According to if u can wait for 4th gen processors then wait for that. But if u can't then u can get
Mobo- ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME $380@ newegg.
With this mobo u can get decent OCing , decent audio quality, and also every new feature.
Processor- Intel i7-3770k or i5-3570k.
U can oc both CPUs.
GPU- gtx 780 as u chose.
CPU cooler- corsair h100i water cooling.
This is the best cooling for ur CPU.
Ram- corsair vengeance 2 or 4 X 8gigs 1600 MHz.
PSU - corsair HX 750w 80+gold .
This is much more power for 1 GPU & also decent OCing.
But u can choose 700w too.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 4:40:33 AM

Do u need any LED?
U can choose
Case- cm storm Stryker.
Without LED ans with case and i7-3770k ur pc is going around 2100$-2200$.
Now it depends on u if u don't need LED u can do sli with 1 more GPU.
But u also have to increase ur PSU to 1000w. Then ur it cross ur budget so u can use ur CPU i5-3570k.
There is no much difference between i5&i7 . I7 just have hyperthreding that's reason it is little fast.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 4:48:14 AM

fire_storm said:
Hi

I am looking to build a new PC as my old one is not able to meet my demands and is getting old. The purpose of the build is gaming mostly

Old specs are :
i7 930
480GTX
X58A-UD3R
8GB Ram

The current budget is around 2300USD and I am flexable

Since the 780GTX is out, I will go with it

Build suggestions are greatly appreciated

Edit:
My current Screen is a 120hz screen at fullHD, but I am thinking of moving to those IPS Dell screens at 2560
I do play demanding games and I noticed a slow down on the 480


I would recommend waiting for Haswell before switching out your processor. You could purchase and use a 780 in the interim, then come back roundabouts of June to get the rest of your build fleshed out.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 4:53:29 AM

princejeet said:
According to if u can wait for 4th gen processors then wait for that. But if u can't then u can get
Mobo- ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME $380@ newegg.
With this mobo u can get decent OCing , decent audio quality, and also every new feature.
Processor- Intel i7-3770k or i5-3570k.
U can oc both CPUs.
GPU- gtx 780 as u chose.
CPU cooler- corsair h100i water cooling.
This is the best cooling for ur CPU.
Ram- corsair vengeance 2 or 4 X 8gigs 1600 MHz.
PSU - corsair HX 750w 80+gold .
This is much more power for 1 GPU & also decent OCing.
But u can choose 700w too.


Why spend that much on a mobo? Even a Sabertooth would be less overpriced, and that's saying something.
m
0
l
May 24, 2013 5:11:03 AM

Yeah, just get a gtx 780. Upgrade the rest of the system when you actually need to.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 5:20:12 AM

Jack Revenant said:
princejeet said:
According to if u can wait for 4th gen processors then wait for that. But if u can't then u can get
Mobo- ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME $380@ newegg.
With this mobo u can get decent OCing , decent audio quality, and also every new feature.
Processor- Intel i7-3770k or i5-3570k.
U can oc both CPUs.
GPU- gtx 780 as u chose.
CPU cooler- corsair h100i water cooling.
This is the best cooling for ur CPU.
Ram- corsair vengeance 2 or 4 X 8gigs 1600 MHz.
PSU - corsair HX 750w 80+gold .
This is much more power for 1 GPU & also decent OCing.
But u can choose 700w too.


Why spend that much on a mobo? Even a Sabertooth would be less overpriced, and that's saying something.


There are lot of features that's reason I chose ROG EXTREME like better OCing , better audio quality, more sata 6, more USB 3.0 , WiFi , Bluetooth, more PCIe 3 X 16 slots for future sli/crossfire, etc many other requirements I chose that mobo. Sabertooth has just long warranty , good board cooling, good OCing but not better than EXTREME.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 5:24:16 AM

princejeet said:
Jack Revenant said:
princejeet said:
According to if u can wait for 4th gen processors then wait for that. But if u can't then u can get
Mobo- ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME $380@ newegg.
With this mobo u can get decent OCing , decent audio quality, and also every new feature.
Processor- Intel i7-3770k or i5-3570k.
U can oc both CPUs.
GPU- gtx 780 as u chose.
CPU cooler- corsair h100i water cooling.
This is the best cooling for ur CPU.
Ram- corsair vengeance 2 or 4 X 8gigs 1600 MHz.
PSU - corsair HX 750w 80+gold .
This is much more power for 1 GPU & also decent OCing.
But u can choose 700w too.


Why spend that much on a mobo? Even a Sabertooth would be less overpriced, and that's saying something.


There are lot of features that's reason I chose ROG EXTREME like better OCing , better audio quality, more sata 6, more USB 3.0 , WiFi , Bluetooth, more PCIe 3 X 16 slots for future sli/crossfire, etc many other requirements I chose that mobo. Sabertooth has just long warranty , good board cooling, good OCing but not better than EXTREME.


The OC gains aren't terribly massive, the average consumer doesn't really notice audio quality and professionals/audiophiles need sound cards, few people need that many USB 3.0 connections, wi-fi could be handled by a cheap PCIe x1 card, and you never want to go past 2 GPUs, so more than two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots is pointless. The feature set you describe looks good as a sales pitch, but doesn't actually benefit almost any application, and the vast majority of its features could be duplicated for lower cost, while the remainder are simply unneeded.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 6:00:11 AM

Right u r also right. But I had seen its benchmarks it looks best for OCing ROG board. That's why I choose EXTREME.
If I m u I will choose EXTREME.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 6:07:19 AM

Swiftech h220 is the best all-in-one watercooler
m
0
l
May 24, 2013 8:23:56 AM

I guess the best option here is to pick up a 780GTX and upgrade the other components at a later stage, thanks guys

so which 780GTX to pick? the Inno3D iChill GTX 780 looks nice
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 8:30:05 AM

Best of luck my friend for ur new experience.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 8:31:31 AM

Indeed !

Well gtx 670 sli will give you the most performance ...
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
May 24, 2013 1:58:34 PM

fire_storm said:
I guess the best option here is to pick up a 780GTX and upgrade the other components at a later stage, thanks guys

so which 780GTX to pick? the Inno3D iChill GTX 780 looks nice


I must admit, I'm a bit behind on 780s at the moment. I would tend to recommend ASUS, Gigabyte, or EVGA as brands (so long as you can get one with a non-stock cooler).

Marcopolo123 said:
Indeed !

Well gtx 670 sli will give you the most performance ...


And all the problems of SLI. A single 780 will max pretty much anything at 1080p, and give him a future upgrade path in the form a SLI 780.
m
0
l
!