Best Gaming Mouse?

Hi Guys,

I've recently invested in a decent gaming rig and have been thinking about upgrading my G700 logitech gaming mouse after having seen the dpi levels on the Razer Ouroboros.. However, I have also seen mixed reviews on this mouse, some stating that the wireless technology in it sucks, others claiming it to be a great high end gaming mouse.

I don't wish to spend £105 on something I am not entirely happy with, I was just wondering if anyone out there has had/has an Ouruboros and can't comfirm whether the wireless really sucks or not..

Also, if anyone wants to recommend a different mouse feel free, I don't really wish to pay more than the current price of the Ouruboros though, so no more than £110ish... If it helps, I play a mixture of FPS' and MMO's, so a high dpi and programmable buttons would be nice :)

Sorry for writing somewhat of an essay... Thanks, :)
9 answers Last reply
More about gaming mouse
  1. I understand your issue. Im myself a starcraft and CoD player. If you want to focus more on MMOs then the best optios for you can be Razer Naga or Razer Naga Hex or Roccat Kone + . If FPS is your area of interest, beleive me there are no better mouses than Razer Deathadder and Steelseries Sensei.
    But I guess you want best of both worlds, so maybe the very best options for you under your price range can be Razer Taipan and Razer Imperator.
    Or if you are kinda more interested in the wireless technology. Then Razer's best mouse i.e. Razer Mamba has a wore which can be detached to make it wireless depending on your wish. So all depends on what you want !Hope it helps :)
  2. rgbimbochamp said:
    I understand your issue. Im myself a starcraft and CoD player. If you want to focus more on MMOs then the best optios for you can be Razer Naga or Razer Naga Hex or Roccat Kone + . If FPS is your area of interest, beleive me there are no better mouses than Razer Deathadder and Steelseries Sensei.
    But I guess you want best of both worlds, so maybe the very best options for you under your price range can be Razer Taipan and Razer Imperator.
    Or if you are kinda more interested in the wireless technology. Then Razer's best mouse i.e. Razer Mamba has a wore which can be detached to make it wireless depending on your wish. So all depends on what you want !Hope it helps :)

    I did actually mean to update this to state that wireless technology isn't a must if the mouse is particularly amazing in other areas but I just completely forgot to... Anyway, I guess really I do want a nice mouse for MMO's rather than FPS'... I quite liked the look of the Roccat Kone+, it sounds like its got some very nice features for a what I'd use it for and with 6000dpi, that's still higher than my current Logitech G700 (Plus I really like the LED thing they've got going on with it ;) )

    However, the Roccat Kone+ isn't available for amazon one day delivery and I have a massive issue with waiting for deliveries haha, so that got me looking at the Razer Kone XTD, which seems to have pretty much the same features but with a higher DPI and is cheaper on amazon (tbh I think amazon's prices for the Kone+ might just be a bit off where its sold by a third party) .. Am I missing something here? Is the Kone+ better than the XTD or not?

    Thanks,
  3. Well then good luck!
    Yes, Kone + is better than XTD.
    Here's another series for you.....check out Cyborg R.A.T 3 or 7 or 9 ... they might interest you ....
  4. rgbimbochamp said:
    Well then good luck!
    Yes, Kone + is better than XTD.
    Here's another series for you.....check out Cyborg R.A.T 3 or 7 or 9 ... they might interest you ....

    Sorry about this, but could you just clarify why the Kone+ is better? Because after having looked at their websites tech specs/features for both mice the XTD seems to have better features?

    Also, I have looked at cyborg products in the past but I just can't get over how they look, they're designs aren't sleek enough for me haha...
  5. Razor Naga FTW! Takes a bit to get used to where the buttons are, but after that there's no turning back.
  6. sharkoon drakonia
    its cheap but its the best damn mouse I have ever had
  7. Tettryn said:
    rgbimbochamp said:
    Well then good luck!
    Yes, Kone + is better than XTD.
    Here's another series for you.....check out Cyborg R.A.T 3 or 7 or 9 ... they might interest you ....

    Sorry about this, but could you just clarify why the Kone+ is better? Because after having looked at their websites tech specs/features for both mice the XTD seems to have better features?

    Also, I have looked at cyborg products in the past but I just can't get over how they look, they're designs aren't sleek enough for me haha...

    Well, features are not everything. Kone+ has a much better form factor. It has a slightly rubber base unlike XTD. In XTD your hands sweat coz it has a plastic base. Moreover, Kone will be easier on your hands and it has the greatest driver software ever. Also it is a little cheaper on your pocket than XTD.
    Kone+ supports macros till upto the duration of 10^3 seconds. For XTD its 10^2 . Small differences, cost efficiency matters too bro .. :)
  8. ssssssBOOM said:
    Razor Naga FTW! Takes a bit to get used to where the buttons are, but after that there's no turning back.


    rgbimbochamp said:
    Tettryn said:
    rgbimbochamp said:
    Well then good luck!
    Yes, Kone + is better than XTD.
    Here's another series for you.....check out Cyborg R.A.T 3 or 7 or 9 ... they might interest you ....

    Sorry about this, but could you just clarify why the Kone+ is better? Because after having looked at their websites tech specs/features for both mice the XTD seems to have better features?

    Also, I have looked at cyborg products in the past but I just can't get over how they look, they're designs aren't sleek enough for me haha...

    Well, features are not everything. Kone+ has a much better form factor. It has a slightly rubber base unlike XTD. In XTD your hands sweat coz it has a plastic base. Moreover, Kone will be easier on your hands and it has the greatest driver software ever. Also it is a little cheaper on your pocket than XTD.
    Kone+ supports macros till upto the duration of 10^3 seconds. For XTD its 10^2 . Small differences, cost efficiency matters too bro .. :)

    Well a slightly rubber base would be nice, I do sweat quite a lot whilst using my current mouse... However, I can't actually find the Kone+ cheaper anywhere that I am comfortable buying from. On amazon it is actually more expensive than the XTD and I can't find it anywhere else.
  9. Razor Naga is also rubberized.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming Mice