Solved

New built computer not working, monitor gets no signal.

So I'm new to building computers, and I think I built one successfully, but when I plug in DVI and boot it up my screen gets no signal, so it switches from analog to digital continuously and goes on sleep mode. I have my motherboard powered by plugging in the 24pin power connector, and the 4 pin p3. My sata hdds are powered but my graphics card isn't (It didn't have a pci-e power plug slot).
But all the fans spin, I get no CMOS beeps and the computer looks like it works.

My specs are:
Graphics Card : AMD Radeon 6450
MotherBoard: MSI 790GX-G65
RAM : 8GB patriot DDR3
CPU: AMD Phenom 2
PSU : Stealth X Stream 2 Power Supply with OCZ tech.

I made sure the motherboard and the other parts aren't discharged.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about built computer working monitor signal
  1. 1) reset your bios (CLRCMOS)
    2) try the onboard video, pull the gpu out, and see if you get picture
    3) try a different psu
    4) pull the whole thing appart and make sure there is nothing behind your mb grounding it out. then reseat the cpu, cpu cooler, and ram, then put motherboard back in and try again

    let us know how it works.
  2. I've pressed the CLRCMOS button then tried, and got the same results.
    I tried the Onboard DVI after unplugging GPU, no signal still.
    I will try another PSU, but I've asked lots of experienced PC builders and asked the store if this psu work with this motherboard and they all told me it will work.
    My Case is the Ghost case so it has the bumps the act as the standoffs, and I also have on standoff in the middle. I also checked if there is any wires under the motherboard and Checked if the CPU is set correctly and also checked if the CPU cooler is installed correctly.
  3. Best answer
    junewi123 said:
    I've pressed the CLRCMOS button then tried, and got the same results.
    I tried the Onboard DVI after unplugging GPU, no signal still.
    I will try another PSU, but I've asked lots of experienced PC builders and asked the store if this psu work with this motherboard and they all told me it will work.
    My Case is the Ghost case so it has the bumps the act as the standoffs, and I also have on standoff in the middle. I also checked if there is any wires under the motherboard and Checked if the CPU is set correctly and also checked if the CPU cooler is installed correctly.


    1) try the psu... we need to make sure the psu isn't broke.
    2) pull out all the ram, then try 1 stick in each slot. repeate with the next stick of ram, till you've tried all the ram/slots

    at this point i'd bring the MB and the CPU back to where you got it and return it as broken
  4. ingtar33 said:
    junewi123 said:
    I've pressed the CLRCMOS button then tried, and got the same results.
    I tried the Onboard DVI after unplugging GPU, no signal still.
    I will try another PSU, but I've asked lots of experienced PC builders and asked the store if this psu work with this motherboard and they all told me it will work.
    My Case is the Ghost case so it has the bumps the act as the standoffs, and I also have on standoff in the middle. I also checked if there is any wires under the motherboard and Checked if the CPU is set correctly and also checked if the CPU cooler is installed correctly.


    1) try the psu... we need to make sure the psu isn't broke.
    2) pull out all the ram, then try 1 stick in each slot. repeate with the next stick of ram, till you've tried all the ram/slots

    at this point i'd bring the MB and the CPU back to where you got it and return it as broken


    Well I'm sure the PSU works because I've tested it with the cathode lights, and I tried the RAM individual as well..... If it is broken that not a good sign.. :'(
    Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it.
  5. Looking at your board, there looks like a 4-pin power connecter too. Have you plugged that one in as well?

    Edit:
    My bad. I just re-read the thread and realized that you do have all the MB power connecters plugged in.
  6. So, Thank you everyone for your answers, but I went to NCIX and asked for a new power supply because my PSU was very bad and cheap, so I got a Corsair CX430 430W PSU for 45 bucks, since my GPU barely takes energy and it doesn't have a pci-e power plug, And it works perfectly!
  7. junewi123 said:
    So, Thank you everyone for your answers, but I went to NCIX and asked for a new power supply because my PSU was very bad and cheap, so I got a Corsair CX430 430W PSU for 45 bucks, since my GPU barely takes energy and it doesn't have a pci-e power plug, And it works perfectly!


    gratz!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computers Monitors