Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

600$ Budget gaming PC that will last 4-5 years

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 26, 2013 9:36:29 AM

Before i get to the main topic,i'll introduce a lil bit of myself to ease everyone here .
I'm from Indonesia and i'm going to build a new PC for gaming(not hardcore one) that will last around 4-5 years without any upgrade if possible(except broken of course)

Approximate Purchase Date: I hope this month

Budget Range: Rp 6.000.000 / US$610 - US$1= Rp 9.762

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming,browsing,daily use

Are you buying a monitor: Yes,around 19" will do

Parts to Upgrade: I want a fresh new build

Do you need to buy OS: No,i had it already

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Enterkomputer

Location: North Jakarta,Indonesia

Parts Preferences: i don't have any preferences

Overclocking: Maybe(i hope i don't need that)

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1366x768 will do i think

Why i buy : I'm using office PC with Intel Wolfdale E5200 and Intel GMA3100,can imagine how it run HoN @@

Additional Comments: The games i'll play are NBA 2K13,PES 2013,HoN,Sims 3,etc

Appreciate all help :D  thanks and sorry for my messy english

More about : 600 budget gaming years

May 26, 2013 10:01:51 AM

When you say "will last for 4-5 years" hopefully you mean "that wont destroy itself in 4-5 years" because even top spec machines dont last that long as far as relevance is concerned. The rate in which manufacturers are releasing new tech means, in 5 years time, even a top spec machine will be approximately 4-5 generations old.
m
0
l
May 26, 2013 10:13:55 AM

Well there's no 'will last 4-5 years'. Technology gets upgraded with quite a good force nowadays. But with that budget this is what I've come up with this :

http://www.enterkomputer.com/preview.php?name[]=Intel%20Core%20i3%203220%203.3Ghz%20Cache%203MB%20[Box]%20Socket%20LGA%201155%20(Rp%201157000)&name[]=ASRock%20B75%20PRO3-M%20(LGA%201155,%20Intel%20B75,%20DDR3,%20USB3,%20SATA3)%20(Rp%20775000)&name[]=WDC%20500GB%20SATA3%2016MB%20-%20Caviar%20Blue%20-%20WD5000AAKX%20(Ready)%20(Rp%20521000)&name[]=Apacer%20DDR3%20PC12800%201600Mhz%204GB%20(Rp%20263000)&name[]=Asus%20Geforce%20GTX%20650Ti%201024MB%20DDR5%20Boost%20-%20GTX650TI-DC2O-1GD5%20(Rp%202030000)&name[]=Thermaltake%20VM30001W2Z%20V4%20Black%20Edition%20(Rp%20480000)&name[]=Antec%20550W%20-%20VP550%20(Rp%20500000)&name[]=Viewsonic%2019%22%20VA-1931WMA%20LCD%20+%20Speaker%20-%20Analog%20(Wall%20Mounting)%20(Rp%20920000)&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&prc[]=1157000&prc[]=775000&prc[]=521000&prc[]=263000&prc[]=2030000&prc[]=480000&prc[]=500000&prc[]=920000&

*I did not get clear if you do need a monitor or not. I've added one anyway. You can remove it if you want. Hope the extra 646k won't matter much. Copy and paste the whole link in your address bar to view it, not just the highlighted blue part.
Happy gaming. 8|
m
0
l
Related resources
May 26, 2013 10:56:10 AM

rex4235 said:
When you say "will last for 4-5 years" hopefully you mean "that wont destroy itself in 4-5 years" because even top spec machines dont last that long as far as relevance is concerned. The rate in which manufacturers are releasing new tech means, in 5 years time, even a top spec machine will be approximately 4-5 generations old.


It's a matter of preference, ultimately. A 4-5 year-old machine can easily remain relevant if the user doesn't require high performance. An 8800 GT/GTX from ~2008 is still a serviceable graphics card, for example. It ain't new and shiny, but given that the user might also still be rocking a lower-res monitor, it'll still play most modern games at low-to-middling quality settings

That said, it's unlikely that you'll get that kind of lifespan out of an extreme budget system bought today. The OP isn't looking to push a whole ton of pixels, which is good, and his taste in games seems fairly hardware-friendly.

But he is asking for a $600 rig including a monitor; hard to say how long it'll last even if he has low performance standards, particularly given that we're talking about a foreign market. I'll use the OP's preferred vendor, though, and see what I can come up with ...

Heh, nevermind. After wrestling with the enterkomputer site for a little while, making sure to look up the parts I was buying, I ended up with basically the AMD equivalent of sifa's build. Toss in an FX-6300 instead of the Intel i3, and an AM3+ motherboard instead of the LGA-1155 board in sifa's build, and you have the basic gist.

Though I would buy at least 8 GB of memory, personally.

I don't see how you're going to stay under 6,000,000 R here; we can downgrade the graphics' card, but the next best thing is significantly weaker (the HD 7790). The 650 Ti Boost is maybe the best-value-for-buck card on the entire US market at the moment; unfortunately it seems to be priced much higher at enterkomputer (~$200 versus the $170ish you'd pay here). If you want longevity, I'd be hard pressed to recommend anything less than the Boost.

(And be careful; the 650 Ti "Boost" is a very different thing from a regular 650 Ti. If you see one offered for markedly less than 2,000,000R on enterkomputer, it's probably not a Boost. Make sure to look up the model number on the internet before buying!)

You can, however, come pretty close to the 6,000,000 R budget, as sifa shows.
m
0
l
May 26, 2013 7:52:03 PM

Thanks Sifa for the build.

@fulgurant : Found two under 2,000,000R from MSI and Zotac

But is that Gtx 650 ti boost more powerful than Gtx 560/HD 6950/HD 7850??

Here's the scratch :
http://www.enterkomputer.com/preview.php?name[]=AMD%20Vishera%20FX-6300%203.5Ghz%20Cache%208MB%2095W%20AM3+%20[Box]%20-%206%20Core%20-%20FD6300FRGUBOX%20%28Rp%201118000%29&name[]=ASRock%20960GM-GS3%20FX%20%28AM3+/AM3,%20AMD%20785G,%20DDR3%29%20%28Rp%20549000%29&name[]=Hitachi%20500GB%2016MB%20SATA3%20-%20HDS721050CLA362%20%28Ready%29%20%28Rp%20497000%29&name[]=Apacer%20DDR3%20PC12800%201600Mhz%208GB%20%28Rp%20459000%29&name[]=MSI%20Geforce%20GTX%20650%20Ti%202048MB%20DDR5%20-%20Twin%20Frozr/OC%20Boost%20-%20N650%20TI%20TF%202GD5/OC%20BE%20%28Rp%201932000%29&name[]=Dazumba%20D%20Vito%20783%20Tanpa%20PSU%20%28Rp%20295000%29&name[]=Antec%20550W%20-%20VP550%20%28Rp%20500000%29&name[]=AOC%2018.5%22%20E950SWN%20LED%20%28Rp%20860000%29&name[]=LG%20DVDRW%2024X%20SATA%20-%20GH24NS50%20[BOX]%20%28Rp%20171000%29&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&prc[]=1118000&prc[]=549000&prc[]=497000&prc[]=459000&prc[]=1932000&prc[]=295000&prc[]=500000&prc[]=860000&prc[]=171000&
m
0
l

Best solution

May 26, 2013 9:19:09 PM

radzcoolz said:
Thanks Sifa for the build.

@fulgurant : Found two under 2,000,000R from MSI and Zotac

But is that Gtx 650 ti boost more powerful than Gtx 560/HD 6950/HD 7850??

Here's the scratch :
http://www.enterkomputer.com/preview.php?name[]=AMD%20Vishera%20FX-6300%203.5Ghz%20Cache%208MB%2095W%20AM3+%20[Box]%20-%206%20Core%20-%20FD6300FRGUBOX%20%28Rp%201118000%29&name[]=ASRock%20960GM-GS3%20FX%20%28AM3+/AM3,%20AMD%20785G,%20DDR3%29%20%28Rp%20549000%29&name[]=Hitachi%20500GB%2016MB%20SATA3%20-%20HDS721050CLA362%20%28Ready%29%20%28Rp%20497000%29&name[]=Apacer%20DDR3%20PC12800%201600Mhz%208GB%20%28Rp%20459000%29&name[]=MSI%20Geforce%20GTX%20650%20Ti%202048MB%20DDR5%20-%20Twin%20Frozr/OC%20Boost%20-%20N650%20TI%20TF%202GD5/OC%20BE%20%28Rp%201932000%29&name[]=Dazumba%20D%20Vito%20783%20Tanpa%20PSU%20%28Rp%20295000%29&name[]=Antec%20550W%20-%20VP550%20%28Rp%20500000%29&name[]=AOC%2018.5%22%20E950SWN%20LED%20%28Rp%20860000%29&name[]=LG%20DVDRW%2024X%20SATA%20-%20GH24NS50%20[BOX]%20%28Rp%20171000%29&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&prc[]=1118000&prc[]=549000&prc[]=497000&prc[]=459000&prc[]=1932000&prc[]=295000&prc[]=500000&prc[]=860000&prc[]=171000&


GTX 650 Ti 'Boost' is obviously better than GTX 560 and 6950. It beats GTX 560 quite easily, without any kind of hassle.
6950 is a older card. It used to a beast at it's time. But now it's nothing but just a power hungry machine which doesn't perform any better than the new gen cards.
You can go with the 7850. It's a new gen card also and quite close to the 650 Ti 'Boost' as in they perform alike in most cases. In some games though the FPS may vary but just a very little which won't be that much noticeable.
Now then why would you want to go with 650 Ti 'Boost' rather than 7850 : Well an AMD card and a Nvidia card is performing this much alike I'd then look for the Nvidia card as it got Physx which is going to give me some extra advantage. And now don't go a hammer on me I myself use an AMD card and not a big fan of Physx.

I saw you chose a FX-6300. Well never mind but I'd rather go with the i3 3220 as it's newer tech and in the new games performs really quite better.
That's about it.
Share
May 27, 2013 5:47:36 AM

Forgive this stingy man,but i think i'll go with the normal gtx 650ti as it fits more in my budget. And for the CPU i'll go with Fx 6300 'cause i'm entering university next year and it's possible i'll use programs that need more cores.

Here's my final thought :
http://www.enterkomputer.com/preview.php?name[]=AMD%20Vishera%20FX-6300%203.5Ghz%20Cache%208MB%2095W%20AM3+%20[Box]%20-%206%20Core%20-%20FD6300FRGUBOX%20%28Rp%201118000%29&name[]=MSI%20760GM-P34%20%28FX%29%20%28AM3/AM3+,AMD%20760,DDR3%29%20%28Rp%20539000%29&name[]=Hitachi%201TB%2032MB%20SATA3%20-%20HDS721010CLA332%20-%207200RPM%20%28Ready%20!%29%20%28Rp%20643000%29&name[]=Apacer%20DDR3%20PC12800%201600Mhz%208GB%20%28Rp%20459000%29&name[]=Digital%20Alliance%20Geforce%20GTX%20650%20Ti%201024MB%20DDR5%20%28Rp%201333000%29&name[]=Dazumba%20D%20Vito%20783%20Tanpa%20PSU%20%28Rp%20295000%29&name[]=Antec%20450W%20-%20VP450%20%28Rp%20400000%29&name[]=AOC%2018.5%22%20E950SWN%20LED%20%28Rp%20860000%29&name[]=LG%20DVDRW%2024X%20SATA%20-%20GH24NS90%20[OEM]%20%28Ready%29%20%28Rp%20165000%29&name[]=Logitech%20B100%20Optical%20Mouse%20USB%20-%20Black%20%28Rp%2045000%29&name[]=Logitech%20Classic%20keyboard%20K120%20Black%20USB%20%28Rp%2083000%29&name[]=Edifier%20M1250%20Usb%201.2w%20RMS%20%28Rp%2090000%29&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&prc[]=1118000&prc[]=539000&prc[]=643000&prc[]=459000&prc[]=1333000&prc[]=295000&prc[]=400000&prc[]=860000&prc[]=165000&prc[]=45000&prc[]=83000&prc[]=90000&

Correct me if i'm wrong
and
Thanks to both of you for giving me something new :D 
m
0
l
May 27, 2013 6:05:18 AM

radzcoolz said:
Forgive this stingy man,but i think i'll go with the normal gtx 650ti as it fits more in my budget. And for the CPU i'll go with Fx 6300 'cause i'm entering university next year and it's possible i'll use programs that need more cores.

Here's my final thought :
http://www.enterkomputer.com/preview.php?name[]=AMD%20Vishera%20FX-6300%203.5Ghz%20Cache%208MB%2095W%20AM3+%20[Box]%20-%206%20Core%20-%20FD6300FRGUBOX%20%28Rp%201118000%29&name[]=MSI%20760GM-P34%20%28FX%29%20%28AM3/AM3+,AMD%20760,DDR3%29%20%28Rp%20539000%29&name[]=Hitachi%201TB%2032MB%20SATA3%20-%20HDS721010CLA332%20-%207200RPM%20%28Ready%20!%29%20%28Rp%20643000%29&name[]=Apacer%20DDR3%20PC12800%201600Mhz%208GB%20%28Rp%20459000%29&name[]=Digital%20Alliance%20Geforce%20GTX%20650%20Ti%201024MB%20DDR5%20%28Rp%201333000%29&name[]=Dazumba%20D%20Vito%20783%20Tanpa%20PSU%20%28Rp%20295000%29&name[]=Antec%20450W%20-%20VP450%20%28Rp%20400000%29&name[]=AOC%2018.5%22%20E950SWN%20LED%20%28Rp%20860000%29&name[]=LG%20DVDRW%2024X%20SATA%20-%20GH24NS90%20[OEM]%20%28Ready%29%20%28Rp%20165000%29&name[]=Logitech%20B100%20Optical%20Mouse%20USB%20-%20Black%20%28Rp%2045000%29&name[]=Logitech%20Classic%20keyboard%20K120%20Black%20USB%20%28Rp%2083000%29&name[]=Edifier%20M1250%20Usb%201.2w%20RMS%20%28Rp%2090000%29&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&qty[]=1&prc[]=1118000&prc[]=539000&prc[]=643000&prc[]=459000&prc[]=1333000&prc[]=295000&prc[]=400000&prc[]=860000&prc[]=165000&prc[]=45000&prc[]=83000&prc[]=90000&

Correct me if i'm wrong
and
Thanks to both of you for giving me something new :D 


Ah sure welcome brother. What you want seems fine to me for your purpose, would be a great system for sure. We're all here just to advice, you're the one who's going to choose.
Happy gaming. 8|
m
0
l
May 27, 2013 6:10:41 AM

thanks a lot B)
m
0
l
!