Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need Some Information About Integrated Graphics

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2013 11:18:18 AM

I want to know something about integrated graphics especially about the AMD A4 5300. Here is what i wanted to know..
1. To which discrete graphics card does the AMD A4 integrated card compares to.
2. Is the AMD A4 Integrated Graphics better than the Intel HD 4000 graphics
3. I know that Integrated Graphics use the RAM as the VRAM but how much RAM can it use (I am aware that more VRAM amount does not mean performance).
4. I have heard that for an APU based system atleast use 1600mhz RAM, i wanted to know why so?
5. Any other thing that might be considered useful while building an APU based system.

Sidenote: I am not a complete newbie to hardware, but was a little curious as i never had the information about the integrated graphics, though looking at the success of AMD APU's i just thought it would be better to get some information as i am thinking of building one AMD APU Based System for my brother for extremely light gaming..
a c 120 À AMD
a c 194 à CPUs
May 26, 2013 11:40:51 AM

1. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... Check the chart. Its compares with older cards.
The integrated GPU is called 7480D, so look for that comparison.

2. Its about equal depending on the game and RAM used.

3. This is a hard one. I have heard it being able to use as much as it necessary, which is at most 3GB in games.

4. The fastest the RAM, the lower the latency is between the RAM and iGPU. This increasing FPS. Getting a very fast 2133MHz board actually makes sense on an APU based system.

5. Better let me ask you. What do you want FROM an APU? What do you expect from it?

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2013 12:00:27 PM

Novuake said:
1. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... Check the chart. Its compares with older cards.
The integrated GPU is called 7480D, so look for that comparison.

2. Its about equal depending on the game and RAM used.

3. This is a hard one. I have heard it being able to use as much as it necessary, which is at most 3GB in games.

4. The fastest the RAM, the lower the latency is between the RAM and iGPU. This increasing FPS. Getting a very fast 2133MHz board actually makes sense on an APU based system.

5. Better let me ask you. What do you want FROM an APU? What do you expect from it?



5. No, was just wondering that there might be something beyond what i already have a hint about..
Thanks anyway for such a quick reply
Related resources
a c 120 À AMD
a c 194 à CPUs
May 26, 2013 12:05:59 PM

OK cool. No prob. Let me just ask what games he plays and what monitor resolution does he use?
The HD7480D is not intended for gaming.
a c 111 À AMD
a c 448 à CPUs
May 26, 2013 1:04:49 PM

The Radeon HD 7480D should be able to handle many games at up to 1600x900 resolution with low / medium settings. I briefly tested a laptop with the Intel HD 4000 and a 1600x900 resolution screen. I was able to run Mass Effects 3 (after having to re-install) pretty well, Dragon Age Origins (yeah it is an older game) and Tomb Raider 2013 with low settings. Tomb Raider is the only 2013 title I have since I don't play many games anymore. Lack of time.

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 26, 2013 6:29:05 PM

Novuake said:
OK cool. No prob. Let me just ask what games he plays and what monitor resolution does he use?
The HD7480D is not intended for gaming.


Graphics does not matter to him. He has a old monitor with resolution of 1024 x 768 which i feel could easily be handled by the APU with a bit of Anti-Alisasing on and still give playable FPS

And as for games, he is a bit new to games, will play games offline, and seriously graphics does not matter to him at all.

He has been playing games like GTA VC and GTA SA and some other games from that time range and now getting a better processor would mean an increase in the quality of the games.

Best solution

a c 120 À AMD
a c 194 à CPUs
May 27, 2013 6:12:06 AM
Share

Sangeet Khatri said:
Novuake said:
OK cool. No prob. Let me just ask what games he plays and what monitor resolution does he use?
The HD7480D is not intended for gaming.


Graphics does not matter to him. He has a old monitor with resolution of 1024 x 768 which i feel could easily be handled by the APU with a bit of Anti-Alisasing on and still give playable FPS

And as for games, he is a bit new to games, will play games offline, and seriously graphics does not matter to him at all.

He has been playing games like GTA VC and GTA SA and some other games from that time range and now getting a better processor would mean an increase in the quality of the games.


At that resolution he should be fine then. But if you can afford it, go up to an APU that has a little more powerful graphics. It will help IF he wants to be able to play a bigger variety of games.
A6-3500 for example.
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 6:44:33 AM

I think i would stick with AMD A4 5300, Thank you guys for suggesting..
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
May 27, 2013 6:47:42 AM

jaguarskx said:
The Radeon HD 7480D should be able to handle many games at up to 1600x900 resolution with low / medium settings. I briefly tested a laptop with the Intel HD 4000 and a 1600x900 resolution screen. I was able to run Mass Effects 3 (after having to re-install) pretty well, Dragon Age Origins (yeah it is an older game) and Tomb Raider 2013 with low settings. Tomb Raider is the only 2013 title I have since I don't play many games anymore. Lack of time.


000
I think that is where the processing power would have helped as nothing less than an i5 has an Intel HD 4000, and i5 has way more processing power than the AMD A4, so i think the better performance must be because of the processor.

I know that processor does not contribute in gaming much but nevertheless it does help somewhat.

And seriously AMD's Integrated Graphics can put any intel chip to shame..!!
a c 120 À AMD
a c 194 à CPUs
May 27, 2013 6:48:10 AM

No problem.
!