Solved

Intel HD Graphics 4000 vs nVidia GeForce 610M

Which one is better for mobile experience?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel graphics 4000 nvidia geforce 610m
  1. mcnumpty23 said:


    Not sure how that helps? They don't do a fair comparison. Throw in a bunch of check marks for the 610 on meaningless specs, then say "but this doesn't mean anything since HD4000 actually performs better".

    My work laptop has HD4000. Id rather have it than a 610, unless you have a low amount of system memory. Either way they are both only meant for desktop work and horrible for gaming
  2. Laptopcheck has the Nvidia 610M 3% slower than the HD4000 from all their game benchmarks combined into one score.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

    HD 4000's performance is connected to how high end your cpu is, it could be clocked at 350mhz to 1200mhz. Could you tell us what the processor is?
  3. What are you looking for in a laptop? Are you just going to do desk work on it or are you looking to be able to play the latest games on it without it lagging too badly while on a setting like medium?
  4. I know what I want :p I just want to know which one performs better on the latest video games.
    shotgunz said:
    What are you looking for in a laptop? Are you just going to do desk work on it or are you looking to be able to play the latest games on it without it lagging too badly while on a setting like medium?
  5. Best answer
    Sadly, neither the HD4000 or the 610m will give acceptable frame rates on the latest games on the laptop's native resolution (1600x900), and will struggle with most games even at 800x600. You can check the link on the HD4000 I provided. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

    For $180 more, you can get this laptop with i5 and two 650m's in SLI, $809. It will run most of the latest games on medium ~ medium high on 1080p with acceptable frame rates. Also has good speakers and nice looking red backlit keyboard.

    The main important thing is this option will last you many more years down the road while making games look better without spending too much money.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8148319&CatId=17
  6. But wouldn't choosing a dual core CPu be a problem in most games?
    shotgunz said:
    Sadly, neither the HD4000 or the 610m will give acceptable frame rates on the latest games on the laptop's native resolution (1600x900), and will struggle with most games even at 800x600. You can check the link on the HD4000 I provided. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

    For $180 more, you can get this laptop with i5 and two 650m's in SLI, $809. It will run most of the latest games on medium ~ medium high on 1080p with acceptable frame rates. Also has good speakers and nice looking red backlit keyboard.

    The main important thing is this option will last you many more years down the road while making games look better without spending too much money.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8148319&CatId=17
  7. It's a dual core with hyperthreading enabled, boosting it's performance to more like a 3 core processor when a game can handle that many cpu threads.

    Unless you are running higher end GPU setups, the mobile i5 will not have a problem feeding the GPU's at 1080p on most games.
  8. Thanks man, I'm of a desktop gamer so I don't know much about the laptop market. It really helped.
    shotgunz said:
    It's a dual core with hyperthreading enabled, boosting it's performance to more like a 3 core processor when a game can handle that many cpu threads.

    Unless you are running higher end GPU setups, the mobile i5 will not have a problem feeding the GPU's at 1080p on most games.
  9. shotgunz said:
    Laptopcheck has the Nvidia 610M 3% slower than the HD4000 from all their game benchmarks combined into one score.

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

    HD 4000's performance is connected to how high end your cpu is, it could be clocked at 350mhz to 1200mhz. Could you tell us what the processor is?
    the max clock of intel hd 4000 can be 3500mhz Not 1200, my laptop has 1000mhz but Im thinking to upgrade to 1500mhz
  10. asalikus said:
    Which one is better for mobile experience?

    dde am playing watchdogs in high on this card.dnt trst the forms they crit a card they havnt personally tried
  11. vince27 said:
    asalikus said:
    Which one is better for mobile experience?

    dde am playing watchdogs in high on this card.dnt trst the forms they crit a card they havnt personally tried



    Which one of them 610 or HD4000?
    with what? 13 fps?

    You can maybe play it "smoothly" on low but no way in hell on high settings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Intel Graphics Geforce HD