I've had this Kingston HyperX 3K 90GB SSD in my system for about a year now. I don't remember what the benchmarks were at the time of installation, but this is what I'm getting now:
AS SSD Results (read ---- write):
- Seq: 443.53 MB/s ----------- 113.28 MB/s
- 4K: 20.56 MB/s ------------- 61.32 MB/s
- 4K-64Thrd: 112.90 MB/s ---- 103.37 MB/s
- Acc Time: 0.164 ms --------- 0.279 ms
Similar results from CrystalDiskMark. Doesn't that seem too low for seq. write?
According to http://www.storagereview.com/kingston_hyperx_3k_ssd_review
, max seq. write is supposed to be 510 MB/s (and 550 for read). I understand that advertised speeds are only theoretical, but 113 for seq. read seems too low. Or am I missing something?
FWIW, I'm running Win 7 64bit on that SSD plus several applications and games installed (not running during the benchmark, of course). Drive is 65% full right now. That wouldn't be throwing off the benchmark, would it?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme6 motherboard
- i5-3570K CPU
- 2 x 4GB G. Skill Ram in dual channel
- HIS Radeon HD 7850 GPU
- SSD plugged into SATA 3 port using 6 gbps cable and reporting 6gbps in Intel Rapid Storage tool
- SSD configured as AHCI
- Write-caching enabled on the drive