Solved

Anybody know the ram controller for the FX-8350?

Does anybody know what the max possible stock speed ram I can get for the 8350? 1600 or 1866, or even higher? Thanks. :)
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ram controller 8350
  1. I believe it supports up to 2200MHz RAM without an OC.
  2. Novuake said:
    I believe it supports up to 2200MHz RAM without an OC.


    Woah.. A bit ago I had googled it again and found a post on the forums that said it only supports up to 1866 in dual channel.
  3. Best answer
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    I believe it supports up to 2200MHz RAM without an OC.


    Woah.. A bit ago I had googled it again and found a post on the forums that said it only supports up to 1866 in dual channel.


    Depends on the motherboard mostly. Since the memory controller on AMD CPU does not reside on the CPU like Intel does.
  4. Novuake said:
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    I believe it supports up to 2200MHz RAM without an OC.


    Woah.. A bit ago I had googled it again and found a post on the forums that said it only supports up to 1866 in dual channel.


    Depends on the motherboard mostly. Since the memory controller on AMD CPU does not reside on the CPU like Intel does.


    Hm. I thought it was on the CPU.
    Well what do you think of this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131877&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
    I'd be able to put a set of 1866 on it without having to mess with anything in the bios being that it doesn't list (OC) next to the time like some other boards do?
  5. Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)
  6. Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    8350, 32 gigs of ram, a 7970 I'm likely to overclock. :) I'm making it a solid, powerful build inside of the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Super Tower.
  7. Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    Also, Jip? >Google - Jizz in pants

    ????
  8. darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    Also, Jip? >Google - Jizz in pants

    ????


    Hahaha jip is common slang we use here in South Africa, just means yes.
  9. Novuake said:
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    Also, Jip? >Google - Jizz in pants

    ????


    Hahaha jip is common slang we use here in South Africa, just means yes.


    Ahhh, hahaha alright. :P Thanks for the help. :) A kit of 1866 is now in concideration. ;)

    Only because I might use it as a ram drive thing. I forget the name. Where you make the ram into a virtual storage drive.
  10. darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    Also, Jip? >Google - Jizz in pants

    ????


    Hahaha jip is common slang we use here in South Africa, just means yes.


    Ahhh, hahaha alright. :P Thanks for the help. :) A kit of 1866 is now in concideration. ;)

    Only because I might use it as a ram drive thing. I forget the name. Where you make the ram into a virtual storage drive.


    RAMdisc, RAMdrive, same thing. LOL
  11. Novuake said:
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    darksora269 said:
    Novuake said:
    Jip that will support 1866MHz without any OCing. Good option, a little overpriced but worth it if you are looking for a good, reliable board with good OCing potential. (CPU OCing ofcours, since RAM OC is never really helpful)


    Also, Jip? >Google - Jizz in pants

    ????


    Hahaha jip is common slang we use here in South Africa, just means yes.


    Ahhh, hahaha alright. :P Thanks for the help. :) A kit of 1866 is now in concideration. ;)

    Only because I might use it as a ram drive thing. I forget the name. Where you make the ram into a virtual storage drive.


    RAMdisc, RAMdrive, same thing. LOL



    Bahaha, yeah. So. 32 gigs of maybe 1866 is my future. Thanks man. :)
  12. All good! Have fun!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Controller RAM CPUs