830 series good ssd?

dsgreek

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hey guys just wondering if the Samsung 830 series's is a good ssd ?
Is it reliable etc ?
I'm in Australia so I will primarily be buying from. www.pccasegear.com
www.iibuy.com
And eBay Aus is always a great way to snatch a deal

Solution
I have an 830 series SSD. It's from the previous generation of SSDs, but AFAIK it was one of, if not the actual fastest on the market at the time. I highly recommend it, if you can find one at at decent price - I paid £155 for a 256GB in November 2012.

esco_sid, you seem to be confused between the 830 and 840 series. There is no pro version of the 830, and the 830 uses MLC not TLC NAND, so the 830 has better reliability than the 840 (non-pro).
It is a great SSD Samsung has one of best reliability SSDs also they are pretty fast performance wise but it depends what you use it for because TLC based nand will last shorter amount of time as compared to say samsung 830 pro

Yes sorry as post says below i confused the 840 series vs 830 thanks for the correction still 830 as far as i know is an excellent ssd i owned a few Samsung ssds and never had any problems

leeskiramm

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I have an 830 series SSD. It's from the previous generation of SSDs, but AFAIK it was one of, if not the actual fastest on the market at the time. I highly recommend it, if you can find one at at decent price - I paid £155 for a 256GB in November 2012.

esco_sid, you seem to be confused between the 830 and 840 series. There is no pro version of the 830, and the 830 uses MLC not TLC NAND, so the 830 has better reliability than the 840 (non-pro).

Solution

fudoka711

Distinguished

+1 to this. I was about to type pretty much exactly the same thing =D

I have an 830 myself - hasn't given me a single problem.

Yes the 830 is a great SSD choice. Samsung have a good reputation for reliability. Also in a recent group test from PC Format Magazine they concluded that while the 840 and the OCZ Vertex 4 were the best in teh test group they had the 830 was still a stand out choice as well.

Mactronix :)