What can the GT 630 2GB run?

bartsome

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I have a computer with i5-3350P, 8GB RAM, 1920x1080 monitor.
What would I be able to run with my graphics card (GT 630 2GB)?
Would I be able to run:

BF3 - medium 1080p
    Metro 2033 - medium 1080p
    Crysis 3 - low 1080p

And if not, could you please tell me what settings I'd have to play at? I don't want to buy the games if they're gonna look crap. Thanks.

bartsome

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

If I lower my resolution to 720p when playing the games would I be able to play them? By the way Metro 2033 is the prequel to Metro Last Light

If you lower the resolution to 720p. Then all of those should be playable at Medium settings with low to no AA.

bartsome

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

I haven't bought it yet, I'm just planning ahead.
Basically, I'm in a really crappy situation. My dad won't let me build my PC since he thinks I'm going to mess it up completely, so I have to get a prebuilt one. He said it also can't be specifically for gaming and that's really the best I can find for £600. If you can find a better one which doesn't look like it's a gaming pc but can be used for games then it'd be really helpful :/

Tell your dad he is being an idiot. LOL (not really obviously)

Persuade him that prebuilt PCs have inferior components and let him read this : http://compreviews.about.com/od/general/a/BuildvsBuy.htm

bartsome

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

I've tried so many times. I showed him that article a few days ago and he just pointed out the disadvantages, and he was pretty adamant, to the limit of not getting a new PC if I ask him about building again. So that's not really an option :/

Your dad is a typical technophobe.

OK buy it from here. They build it for you and handle all warranties. Its not as cheap as when you build it yourself. But its still much better than HP junk.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/607718

*BASE_PRICE: [+471]
BLUETOOTH: None
CAPTURECARD: None
CAS: Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0 and Side Panel Window [+25]
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour)
CD2: NONE
COOL: NONE
CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.20 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L3 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
CS_FAN: Default Case Fan
DONGLES: NONE
EXPAN: NONE
FA_HDD: None
FAN: AMD Stander CPU Cooler
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_OS: None
GLASS3D: NONE
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: NONE
HOMEINSTALL: NONE
IEEE_CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: NONE
MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory [-26] (Kingston Hyper X Blu Series w/Heat Spreader)
MONITOR: NONE
MONITOR2: NONE
MONITOR3: NONE
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A97 V2 AMD 970 Chipset, ATX mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI ***Overclockable S&S *** [+19]
MOUSE: NONE
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8 (64-bit Edition) (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+9] (Corsair 600 Watts CX600 Gaming Power Supply, 80+)
RUSH: NONE
SERVERUNIT: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: NONE
TABLET: None
TEMP: NONE
UPS: None
USB1: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports [+0]
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+30] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
WNC: NONE
XWNA: NONE
_PRICE: (+528)
_view_: d

If you *have* to have a prebuild, I've had good luck with CyberPower. The best I could do (with VAT) is 633 pounds and still have quality components. The GPU is significantly faster than the 630 and you have plenty of quality PSU for a faster card later.
Choose the Weekly Sales II and go with:
*BASE_PRICE: [+516]
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default Case Fan
Cyberpower Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Quad Core 3.20 GHz 6MB Cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics [-28]
Overclocking Service: No Overclocking Overclock
Monitoring and Media Server Station or Overclocking Media Server Station: NONE Cooling Fan: Intel Socket LGA 1155 Standard CPU Cooler [-23]
Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits: NONE
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Intel B75 Chipset, Micro ATX Mainboard w/ 2 RAM slots, 7.1 HD Audio, HDMI, GbLAN, USB 3.0, SATA-III, 2x Gen2 PCIe x16 & PCI [-21]
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68 & Z77: None
Internal USB/SATA Expansion Module: NONE
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX Blu w/Heat Spreader)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7750 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Freebies: None Dongles: NONE
Video Card 2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
Video Capture Card: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 600Watt Cosair
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Hard Drive Cooler: None
External Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: NONE
LCD Monitor: NONE
2nd Monitor: NONE
3rd Monitor: NONE Speakers: NONE
Headset: None Gaming Gear: None
Tablet: None
Network: ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
Keyboard: NONE
Mouse: NONE
Mouse Pad: None
Extra Thermal Display: NONE
Wireless 802.11N Network Card: NONE
External Wireless Network Adapter: NONE
Wireless 802.11B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
Video Camera: None
Cables: None
Power Surge Protection: None
IEEE 1394 Card: NONE
USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Ultra Care Option: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+74] (64-bit Edition) Media Center Remote & TV Tuner: None
Software: None
Freebies: None
Games: None
Fast Track Service: NONE
Warranty Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 1 Year Parts, 1 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support

You could drop down to a CoolerMaster 550W PSU and 4GB total RAM to get you under 600 pounds. I wouldn't recommend it, but it would be better than no PC at all.

EDIT: Forgot about AMD - Novuake's build would be good and get you under your limit.

Nvidia GeForce GT640 graphics card on that?? Its not good. Anything under GTX650 is not meant for gaming.
You also do not know what quality components that build comes with. Which is VERY important. PSU especially.

bartsome

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Well what I was thinking was buying that system and using it then when I need to upgrade just add a better GPU and/or PSU if it's not that good.

That would defeat the point of saving you 100$. LOL. Cuz if you wanna game that is gonna have to be upgraded, which will cost MUCH more than 100$.

Besides, other component quality needs to be considered too. That PC may not even be designed for a larger graphics card at all.

Fishwithadeagle

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Depending on what the money conversion is, you can find a nice xps 8500 for about 750 us dollars. I was in the same situation, but I chose the xps and stuck a 7870 in it and it runs perfectly. Also, 460 watt psu in the 8500 vs 300 in the hp.

This is true, and on top of that Dell PSUs are much better quality than HP.

JRAtk94

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but you could run an AMD HD 7750 on a 300w PSU.
I have a 7750, and I play Metro Last Light on high settings, Battlefield 3 on Ultra (no AA) and Bioshock Infinite on Ultra (without Alternate Postfx) at 1080p resolution. Each one of these games never drops below 30fps for me.
However, I've overclocked my card by 20%, which you (and indeed anyone) should do anyway.

Seriously though, your father should reconsider his preferences when he'd rather force you to buy a terrible pre-built rather than allowing you to take up the mantle and build one yourself. Hell, my dad encouraged and taught me to build my own computer at the age of 14. The result? Better bang for buck than anyone could ever hope to achieve when buying a pre-built and I learnt a skill which I think is pretty essential, providing the current Economic climate. I hope you managed to persuade him, mate.
Good luck.