HD 7850 and Medieval II Total War

rurichek

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hi guys. I just built my new gaming PC: core i5 3.3 GHz, 6gb DDR3, and HD 7850 1gb. When I played Shogun 2 Total War on very high settings, battle were smooth, except the campaign map. But Medieval II is just horrible, because the screen is stuttering when I move the camera through the battlefield. Even on low settings, it is stuttering. The stuttering decreases in the desert type maps, and increases on the forest maps. Also, stuttering is not that bad on the city maps too. So, I googled this problem and found that it can be cause by old drivers and this sounds reasonable because I used the hardrive from my previous gaming rig which had geforce card and nvidia drivers. Then, I deleted the nvidia drivers, but the problem didn't go.

rurichek

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Didn't help. Would re installing the windows help? But I don't even have the Windows CD. Is there another way to fix this problem?
Thanks!

rurichek

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hey. I finally fixed the problem by moving the card to another PCIe slot. So, the problem might have been in the motherboard, or the card was not fixed in the slot properly. Nevertheless, medieval 2 runs great. I notice a little lagging but it is almost unnoticeable. Thanks alot for trying to help.

rurichek

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

I bought the MB on eBay, used. Don't know if it is worth it sending it back to the seller, considering the fact that the PC runs very good now.