Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First build $800-850

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 28, 2013 8:04:51 PM

I have some extra cash and can afford to go about 800 for my first pc build. Im putting it together myself and need some advice on the parts since I have no idea what I'm doing on that end. I used the template so i hope that's ok.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Next week
Budget Range: 800 can go 850 if need be

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games (Skyrim, DMC etc, various mmos) Photoshop

Are you buying a monitor: Yes ( but I'd rather cut it out and have a decent computer if the monitor drops the overall quality)

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't matter.

Location: Orlando, FL USA

Parts Preferences: Cpu and Video: Whatever offers the best performance within my range

Overclocking: No I want this to last awhile.

SLI or Crossfire: I don't think I will not hardcore enough.

Your Monitor Resolution: I suck at this so whatever is good I guess :) 

Additional Comments: I don't care about flashiness if costs are kept low who cares. I use photoshop

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm using a 10 year old computer I have a "If it's not broken why fix" attitude but enough is enough it's time to put this thing in the hall of fame.

Thanks in advance.

More about : build 800 850

Best solution

May 28, 2013 8:26:11 PM

Plasmagrunt said:
I have some extra cash and can afford to go about 800 for my first pc build. Im putting it together myself and need some advice on the parts since I have no idea what I'm doing on that end. I used the template so i hope that's ok.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Next week
Budget Range: 800 can go 850 if need be

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games (Skyrim, DMC etc, various mmos) Photoshop

Are you buying a monitor: Yes ( but I'd rather cut it out and have a decent computer if the monitor drops the overall quality)

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesn't matter.

Location: Orlando, FL USA

Parts Preferences: Cpu and Video: Whatever offers the best performance within my range

Overclocking: No I want this to last awhile.

SLI or Crossfire: I don't think I will not hardcore enough.

Your Monitor Resolution: I suck at this so whatever is good I guess :) 

Additional Comments: I don't care about flashiness if costs are kept low who cares. I use photoshop

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm using a 10 year old computer I have a "If it's not broken why fix" attitude but enough is enough it's time to put this thing in the hall of fame.

Thanks in advance.


I would recommend waiting about a week. The new Intel processors are coming out on the 3rd, and if you plan on using this computer for a long time, the performance improvements would make a difference.
Share
May 28, 2013 8:37:49 PM

I just looked it up and the assumed? prices look good but are their motherboards on the market that support it? I couldn't find any (I didn't try hard)
m
0
l
Related resources
May 28, 2013 8:39:06 PM

Plasmagrunt said:
I just looked it up and the assumed? prices look good but are their motherboards on the market that support it? I couldn't find any (I didn't try hard)


The new motherboards will launch with Haswell, to my understanding.
m
0
l
May 28, 2013 8:47:54 PM

If that's the case then I think I will wait and see what I want to do. It looks like I picked the right time to upgrade thanks for the heads up.
m
0
l
May 28, 2013 8:50:44 PM

Plasmagrunt said:
If that's the case then I think I will wait and see what I want to do. It looks like I picked the right time to upgrade thanks for the heads up.


You picked quite a good time. See you in a week or so. :) 
m
0
l
!