Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2 GB or EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2 GB...which one should i choose??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 29, 2013 8:26:41 AM

Lately i have been confused on which graphics card should i choose for my new system..I am fixed on these two:

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2 GB and,
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2 GB.
So which one should i go with? Are there any huge performance differences between them?

I live in India and I am planning to get them form amazon because I am getting them a lot cheaper there and also EVGA cards are not available here currently, whoever asked in my contacts said that.
And does EVGA have any problems with its performance and warranty?
Also, is it safe to buy graphics card from Amazon? What are its charges to ship to India including custom duties n all? and what about the warranty of the card? Do i get asus/EVGA warranty? I have read it on their site but it seemed confusing. Please help me out with this.

My System Specifications are,
Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive
Corsair Vengence (1 x 8) 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz PC RAM
Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
NZXT Guardian 921 RB Cabinet

(please do not suggest any ATI graphics card, I know of HD 7850 and its performance but i want to go with NVIDIA :)  )
May 29, 2013 8:29:56 AM

wait for the gtx 760ti IMO, it'll cost around $270-$300. Should be released in the next couple weeks. The stats will perform similar to an over-clocked gtx 670
m
0
l

Best solution

May 29, 2013 8:30:39 AM

Personally, I'd always go with the Asus one. The DirectCU cooler is extremely quiet, and keeps the graphics card cool, even when overclocked and under full load. The EVGA version has a slightly worse cooler, but both are very good examples of the GTX660. So, in conclusion, I would opt for the DirectCU cooler version. I hope this helps!
Share
Related resources
May 29, 2013 8:31:53 AM

IDK why it gave me multiple posts
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 8:37:08 AM

Thanks a lot FLightsimluke, appreciate your answer, will surely take your answer into consideration.
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 8:38:30 AM

op24ti12mus94 said:
Thanks a lot FLightsimluke, appreciate your answer, will surely take your answer into consideration.


That's my opinion on the best out of the two. If you can wait, the GTX760 will be, if the improvement with the 780 is anything to go by, better than the 660, as the others have said.
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 8:41:44 AM

Flightsimluke said:
op24ti12mus94 said:
Thanks a lot FLightsimluke, appreciate your answer, will surely take your answer into consideration.


That's my opinion on the best out of the two. If you can wait, the GTX760 will be, if the improvement with the 780 is anything to go by, better than the 660, as the others have said.


Yep ill see the 760 one too as you and Turboman750 have suggested, appreciate your answers, Thank You both.
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 8:42:50 AM

op24ti12mus94 said:
Flightsimluke said:
op24ti12mus94 said:
Thanks a lot FLightsimluke, appreciate your answer, will surely take your answer into consideration.


That's my opinion on the best out of the two. If you can wait, the GTX760 will be, if the improvement with the 780 is anything to go by, better than the 660, as the others have said.


Yep ill see the 760 one too as you and Turboman750 have suggested, appreciate your answers, Thank You both.


No Problem! :) 
m
0
l
May 29, 2013 10:03:13 AM

Well the evga card exhausts heat out of the case, I feel this is a good feature considering your location.
m
0
l
!