Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

7950 Vapor-X or 7950 Dual-X?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 29, 2013 1:26:09 PM

Which one should I get? They look identical, other than the fact that the Vapor-X has a bigger boost clock @ 950 where as the dual-x is at @ 925. Which one should I get? I'm not really experienced with overclocking, but they are both factory-clocked, so what makes the vapor-x superior to it? Is it worth the 40$ price difference?

More about : 7950 vapor 7950 dual

a b K Overclocking
a c 101 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 29, 2013 1:31:30 PM

Vapor-X has better cooling. No; it is not worth it unless you are planning on doing extreme overclocking.

Best solution

a c 125 K Overclocking
a c 150 U Graphics card
a c 120 À AMD
May 29, 2013 1:33:58 PM
Share

Easy one. The Vapor-X is voltage locked and has crappy VRM cooling.

The Dual-X is better in every way other than the fact that the Vapox-X is a little quieter.
Related resources
a c 125 K Overclocking
a c 150 U Graphics card
a c 120 À AMD
May 29, 2013 1:34:39 PM

ksham said:
Vapor-X has better cooling. No; it is not worth it unless you are planning on doing extreme overclocking.


So not true... Since its voltage locked you can not OC "extremely" anyway!
a b K Overclocking
a c 101 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 29, 2013 1:46:54 PM

Hmm I've been hearing that. I don't own that card. My Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 is voltage unlocked. I don't see why Sapphire would exempt the HD 7950.
May 29, 2013 1:50:58 PM

That settles it, i'll just get the dual-x. Thanks gents
a c 125 K Overclocking
a c 150 U Graphics card
a c 120 À AMD
May 29, 2013 2:00:52 PM

ksham said:
Hmm I've been hearing that. I don't own that card. My Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 is voltage unlocked. I don't see why Sapphire would exempt the HD 7950.


I had one, exchanged it within 2 days. LOL...
a c 125 K Overclocking
a c 150 U Graphics card
a c 120 À AMD
May 29, 2013 2:01:07 PM

Jeru said:
That settles it, i'll just get the dual-x. Thanks gents


Pleasure.
a b K Overclocking
a c 101 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 29, 2013 2:04:59 PM

Novuake said:

I had one, exchanged it within 2 days. LOL...

How recent was that? I'm just curious if Sapphire has a new batch of unlocked ones out by now.
a c 125 K Overclocking
a c 150 U Graphics card
a c 120 À AMD
May 29, 2013 2:12:10 PM

ksham said:
Novuake said:

I had one, exchanged it within 2 days. LOL...

How recent was that? I'm just curious if Sapphire has a new batch of unlocked ones out by now.


Uhm 7/8 months? No more than 8 Months.
!