Solved

7950 Vapor-X or 7950 Dual-X?

Which one should I get? They look identical, other than the fact that the Vapor-X has a bigger boost clock @ 950 where as the dual-x is at @ 925. Which one should I get? I'm not really experienced with overclocking, but they are both factory-clocked, so what makes the vapor-x superior to it? Is it worth the 40$ price difference?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7950 vapor 7950 dual
  1. Vapor-X has better cooling. No; it is not worth it unless you are planning on doing extreme overclocking.
  2. Best answer
    Easy one. The Vapor-X is voltage locked and has crappy VRM cooling.

The Dual-X is better in every way other than the fact that the Vapox-X is a little quieter.
  3. ksham said:
    Vapor-X has better cooling. No; it is not worth it unless you are planning on doing extreme overclocking.

So not true... Since its voltage locked you can not OC "extremely" anyway!
  4. Hmm I've been hearing that. I don't own that card. My Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 is voltage unlocked. I don't see why Sapphire would exempt the HD 7950.
  5. That settles it, i'll just get the dual-x. Thanks gents
  6. ksham said:
    Hmm I've been hearing that. I don't own that card. My Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 is voltage unlocked. I don't see why Sapphire would exempt the HD 7950.

I had one, exchanged it within 2 days. LOL...
  7. Jeru said:
    That settles it, i'll just get the dual-x. Thanks gents

Pleasure.
  8. Novuake said:

How recent was that? I'm just curious if Sapphire has a new batch of unlocked ones out by now.
  9. ksham said:
    Novuake said:

How recent was that? I'm just curious if Sapphire has a new batch of unlocked ones out by now.

Uhm 7/8 months? No more than 8 Months.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Graphics Cards AMD Graphics