Solved

Samsung SSD not running as rated :(

Hi. I just installed my new SSD in my pc. I bought this model (Samsung 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256).

I dont get it. It do not reach its max, or even close :(

Please help? :)




/Dave
24 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about samsung ssd running rated
  1. Are you running the drive with a SATA 3 6.0/GB connection? Is there data on the drive because that can also affect is performance.
  2. redeemer said:
    Are you running the drive with a SATA 3 6.0/GB connection? Is there data on the drive because that can also affect is performance.


    Yes, it should be connected like that.

    I only have windows and two games installed on. plus 3 small programs.
  3. What board do you have?
  4. poik said:
    What board do you have?


    ASRock Z77 Pro4
  5. Have in installed the Intel Rapid Storage Driver this is key!
    Also Disable in BIOS intel power c state this can help
  6. Were you missing a firmware update in the first screenshot? What SATA mode is set in the UEFI?
  7. redeemer said:
    Have in installed the Intel Rapid Storage Driver this is key!
    Also Disable in BIOS intel power c state this can help


    i allready have intel rapid storage installed. what should i do with it? sorry for beeing a rookie :)
    Okay, i will try that in the bios.
  8. Your motherboard has 4 6Gb/s SATA ports.

    Double-check that your SSD is connected to one of the 2 Intel 6Gb/s ports, not to one of the 2 ASMedia 6Gb/s ports. See your motherboard manual for the location of the Intel ports.
  9. thedavedenmark said:
    redeemer said:
    Have in installed the Intel Rapid Storage Driver this is key!
    Also Disable in BIOS intel power c state this can help


    i allready have intel rapid storage installed. what should i do with it? sorry for beeing a rookie :)
    Okay, i will try that in the bios.


    Run the Intel program then close it, and re-run Samsung Magician benchmark. Btw I recommend AS SSD instead of Magicican as a benchmark tool
  10. poik said:
    Were you missing a firmware update in the first screenshot? What SATA mode is set in the UEFI?


    Yes, sorry. thats a screenshot from yesterday. Firmware is updated earlier today.

    I guess its in max mode / 6gb.
  11. good point about connecting to intel ports

    also you have it set for maximum capacity maybe maximum performance would be better

    heres my samsung 830 as a comparison

    http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/mcnumpty23/samsungssd_zps5c6359f9.png
  12. Dereck47 said:
    Your motherboard has 4 6Gb/s SATA ports.

    Double-check that your SSD is connected to one of the 2 Intel 6Gb/s ports, not to one of the 2 ASMedia 6Gb/s ports. See your motherboard manual for the location of the Intel ports.


    Okay. I will look right in to it in the morning. My wife is sleeping beside me / Small apartment.

    I think i installed it in the right sata port. but i will double check.

    thx.
  13. You want to be plugged into the bottom right port. It's grey.
  14. mcnumpty23 said:
    good point about connecting to intel ports

    also you have it set for maximum capacity maybe maximum performance would be better

    heres my samsung 830 as a comparison

    http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/mcnumpty23/samsungssd_zps5c6359f9.png


    Okay, i just changed it to maximum performance - but no changes in the test :(

    i'm a bit jealous with the comparison ;)


  15. This is where its plugged in.
  16. cant see clearly in the user manual i downloaded which ports those are :(

    the numbers are blurred

    also i have 190gb data on mine so the amount of data you have on there shouldnt matter

    did you run the performance optimization?

    even though i have trim enabled running that now and then seems to make mine go faster
  17. thedavedenmark said:


    This is where its plugged in.


    the ASMedia ASM1061 controller is two of the ports on the bottom left of your picture

    though the user manual doesnt make it clear which two
  18. Hmm.. So there are only two of those ASMedia ASM1061. And rest is intel? Then i will try to change it tomorrow.

    BTW, Thanks everyone for the help :)
  19. Okay. So i have checked the where the cable are connected, and its connected as i showed on the screenshot above. I looked through the manual, and it seems like i did it how it should be done.

    Firmware is ok.
    Connection to the right slot is ok.
    Options is now changed to maximum performance

    But still, nothing changed.. :/
  20. have you tried a different sata cable?

    and as suggested earlier double check with as ssd to see if the results are the same

    http://www.filehippo.com/download_asssdbenchmark/

    also check no background processes are writing to the hard drive while the test is running
  21. Best answer
    thedavedenmark said:


    This is where its plugged in.


    Those are the ASMedia ports (SATA3_A1 & SATA3_A2)

    You need to connect the drive to port SATA3_0 or SATA3_1.
    See page 13 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z77%20Pro4.pdf
  22. Okay, i will try to change that! brb.
  23. Dereck47 said:
    thedavedenmark said:


    This is where its plugged in.


    Those are the ASMedia ports (SATA3_A1 & SATA3_A2)

    You need to connect the drive to port SATA3_0 or SATA3_1.
    See page 13 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z77%20Pro4.pdf


    Dude, i was so wrong! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :)

    Yeeeeeahh!!

  24. No problem!
Ask a new question

Read More

Samsung SSD SSD Storage Samsung