Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMD A6 5400k Vs Intel Core i3 3220

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 30, 2013 1:53:53 AM

I heard that core i3 3220 is better than AMD A6 5400k

Is it true ?
i am amazed how could be i3 going to be very good over the A6 since A6 have good AMD HD graphics Intel have hd 4000 series and amd have hd 7540D
Performance wise which is good i3 or A6 ?
Help me friends
a b À AMD
a c 153 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 30, 2013 1:57:59 AM

Intel Core i3-3220 gets my vote. You're likely to buy a discrete GPU anyway.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:00:19 AM

ksham said:
Intel Core i3-3220 gets my vote. You're likely to buy a discrete GPU anyway.


Friend i am not gonna buy any Graphics card since due to low budget so tell me why i3 is good than a6
m
0
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a c 153 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 30, 2013 2:06:30 AM

How can it be a low budget? The Intel Core i3-3220 is about 40% more in price. So a more accurate comparison would be the AMD A10-5800K. If you're not planning on buying a discrete GPU, then get the AMD A10-5800K.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 30, 2013 2:07:43 AM

technoboyhrishi said:
ksham said:
Intel Core i3-3220 gets my vote. You're likely to buy a discrete GPU anyway.


Friend i am not gonna buy any Graphics card since due to low budget so tell me why i3 is good than a6


The i3 is, simply, a more powerful CPU. However, if you plan to use integrated, you should seriously consider waiting for Haswell. One of its main advertised features is drastically improved integrated graphics.

Edit: Or, as ksham said, the A10-5800k.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:15:07 AM

what are you going to doing with this PC? any kind of gaming? get the A10...

just using it for youtube/facebook/email/browsing? get the Intel. in the long run the i3 is far superior and you can add a discrete GPU later to make it a better gaming PC then the A10 by itself.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:17:24 AM

ksham said:
How can it be a low budget? The Intel Core i3-3220 is about 40% more in price. So a more accurate comparison would be the AMD A10-5800K. If you're not planning on buying a discrete GPU, then get the AMD A10-5800K.

Oh good then what about A6 5400k .since. I want dual core processor my first work is for cad ,cam ,programming and secondarily for gaming withut graphics card and using the integrated graphic card so should i compare it with Intel dual core processors ?
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:19:37 AM

Ohmybad said:
what are you going to doing with this PC? any kind of gaming? get the A10...

just using it for youtube/facebook/email/browsing? get the Intel. in the long run the i3 is far superior and you can add a discrete GPU later to make it a better gaming PC then the A10 by itself.


I am using for playing games ,working on internet and , playing the hd videos ,programming purpose
A6 is not suitable for internet ,multitasking ?
i am not planing for gaming gig z just for application like programing and such things secondly for games using integrated graphics

m
0
l
a b À AMD
a c 153 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 30, 2013 2:27:41 AM

Why would you want a dual-core processor over a quad-core processor? Just get the A10-5800K.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:29:17 AM

ksham said:
Why would you want a dual-core processor over a quad-core processor? Just get the A10-5800K.


i can afford the only up to 120$ foe both mobo and processor And wuad core will eat more and more Power
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:32:10 AM

the A6 is pointless if you're debating on getting an i3 vs FM2 socket AMD. because they're both duel core does not make them equal.

as you say you want to do CAD/CAM/Programming the i3 would be better suited for these things. but nothing wrong with doing them on the FM2 socket (A6/A10) they just don't have the same specs and are two different architectures. thus giving you different performance when it comes to rendering.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a c 153 à CPUs
a b å Intel
May 30, 2013 2:35:42 AM

Isn't the Intel Core i3-3220 around $100+? I don't understand why you can afford an Intel Core i3-3220 and not an AMD A10-5800K.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:36:56 AM

Ohmybad said:
the A6 is pointless if you're debating on getting an i3 vs FM2 socket AMD. because they're both duel core does not make them equal.

as you say you want to do CAD/CAM/Programming the i3 would be better suited for these things. but nothing wrong with doing them on the FM2 socket (A6/A10) they just don't have the same specs and are two different architectures. thus giving you different performance when it comes to rendering.


Overall can i use A6 for simple cad 2008 or 2009 and for Nero 2013 , gaming with mid settings and for video conversion from 1 format o another And especially for HD Video Playing ?

m
0
l
May 30, 2013 2:39:48 AM

ksham said:
Isn't the Intel Core i3-3220 around $100+? I don't understand why you can afford an Intel Core i3-3220 and not an AMD A10-5800K.


I think i miss thread for pricing since there is lot of difference between i3 price and A6 price .
Yup i agree with you that A10 had 4 cores and can go with it but friend you think about power consumption i3 toots nearly 25W normally for working and A10 takes 100W for processing . So this is the main difference i am taking abut
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 4:07:36 PM

I have an a6 and so far its running really well, on the stock cooler i upped it to 4.0ghz and the gpu to 1086...Just make sure that you get 1866mhz or faster ram or else it wont be as good as it could. Faster memory=more fps
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 11:43:25 AM

i currently have a Intel i3 and a AMD A6-3420 laptop. From my experience: The AMD smokes the i3 when its comes to audio editing (DAW). Keep in mind that the AMD APU's are differ architecture than Intel "i" Series. The AMD dual-core would probably lag behind a i3 by a fall trail but with a AMD A6 Quad-core...nah.

When we do benchmarks, we should specify what we want the Computer to.. do. For audio, we benchmark using DAW's and their CPU meters. In this case the A6 Quad-Cores smoke the i3 because it uses 4 "physical" cores by architecture instead of 2 physical cores and 2 "imaginary" friends (hyperT)
found in the i3.

CPU's in my opinion are at a innovation peak and are seriously over-kill when its comes to quad-core or higher. Anything Quad-core these days, rather AMD or Intel, is more than enough horsepower for any CPU hogging software host.

in your case, your dealing with graphics and games. Therefore, CPU is not the bigger factor.
m
0
l
!