Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Good Power Supply for AMD HD 7770 Graphics Card?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics Cards
  • AMD
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
May 30, 2013 11:51:51 AM

Hello, I recently boughy myself an AMD HD 7770 Graphics card and I just realized the reason it wasn't working was because my power supply only supported 300w :na:  Also, a biggie to this problem, my graphics card of course requires a power connection to it which is a 6pin pci express. The power supply I have now does NOT have a single 6pin connector.. So now I need some help. Can anyone suggest me a fairly cheap power supply that has +600w along with a 6pin pci express? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) 

More about : good power supply amd 7770 graphics card

a b ) Power supply
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 30, 2013 11:58:26 AM

Why 600 watts?
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:04:22 PM

spentshells said:
Why 600 watts?


Because my graphics card requires 600w (or better) and a 6pin pci express connector!
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 30, 2013 12:05:53 PM

No, it doesn't.
The card requires 100w at the most. A Corsair cx430 would be enough.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:08:48 PM

Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 30, 2013 12:09:38 PM

smeezekitty said:
No, it doesn't.
The card requires 100w at the most. A Corsair cx430 would be enough.


Agreed .... it is actually enough for 2 7770's

I've run 2 7850's on a cx 430 (no overclock) and a 3220 i3 1 dvd and 1 hdd

m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:09:54 PM

sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?

m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:11:22 PM

king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?



This one I believe would be quite a 'more' than enough.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-t...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 30, 2013 12:12:33 PM

That 600w recommendation is for crossfire I.E. two cards.

With one card they recommend 500w and GPU manufacturers always overstate recommendations incase you have a power heavy system or cheap PSU.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:13:46 PM

sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?



This one I believe would be quite a 'more' than enough.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-t...


That one seems good as well.. well, my only question is does the Corsair cx430 and the card you recommended have a 6 pin connector for my graphics card?
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:15:56 PM

king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?



This one I believe would be quite a 'more' than enough.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-t...


That one seems good as well.. well, my only question is does the Corsair cx430 and the card you recommended have a 6 pin connector for my graphics card?


The one I chose got more than just one 6pin. Being honest it would be a slight overkill but it's on sale in Newegg that's why I suggested. Corsair CX430 is also enough for 7770 and yes it has a 6pin pci-e connector too.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:17:29 PM

sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?



This one I believe would be quite a 'more' than enough.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-t...


That one seems good as well.. well, my only question is does the Corsair cx430 and the card you recommended have a 6 pin connector for my graphics card?


The one I chose got more than just one 6pin. Being honest it would be a slight overkill but it's on sale in Newegg that's why I suggested. Corsair CX430 is also enough for 7770 and yes it has a 6pin pci-e connector too.


Ok i see. Well thank you soooooo much. Does NewEgg have like a quick delivery order?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 115 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
May 30, 2013 12:18:52 PM

I just popped the case and can confirm the CX430 has a 6 pin connector.
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:25:57 PM

smeezekitty said:
I just popped the case and can confirm the CX430 has a 6 pin connector.


Ok great! Thanks for the help
m
0
l
May 30, 2013 12:26:15 PM

king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
king17887 said:
sifatraquib said:
Any 80+ Bronze certified equipped with one 6pin pci-e connector above 400W would be be more than enough for 7770.

Are you positive? Think you can recommend one to me?



This one I believe would be quite a 'more' than enough.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-t...


That one seems good as well.. well, my only question is does the Corsair cx430 and the card you recommended have a 6 pin connector for my graphics card?


The one I chose got more than just one 6pin. Being honest it would be a slight overkill but it's on sale in Newegg that's why I suggested. Corsair CX430 is also enough for 7770 and yes it has a 6pin pci-e connector too.


Ok i see. Well thank you soooooo much. Does NewEgg have like a quick delivery order?


Contact the seller. Newegg provides really good service imo.
m
0
l