Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this build good ? ( First Time build )

Last response: in Components
Share
May 31, 2013 12:47:45 AM

Heres my first build , please tell me if things are wrong and if their are better alternatives -

Hard Drive - Seagate 500GB Internal Hard Drive

MOBO - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard

Processor - Intel Core i5-3470 3.2 GHz Processor

PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX500 V2 Power Supply


RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB

GPU -
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 With Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Case -
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet / NZXT Tempest 410 Elite Mid Tower Steel cabinet / Silverstone SST-PS03B-W Mid-size tower chassis (can't decide please help ?

Yeah so thats it !

More about : build good time build

May 31, 2013 12:54:53 AM

And I mainly will use it for upcoming games like Dayz Standalone , BF4 , COD GHOSTS etc in high graphics
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 1:09:36 AM

yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 31, 2013 1:18:57 AM

or the rumored 8000 or 9000 series cards by AMD in Q3 this year... :) 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 1:19:41 AM

thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 1:27:31 AM

Jack Revenant said:
thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.


I live in the UK so I don't know what deal you are talking about. I use this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... for choosing graphics cards :) 
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 1:30:01 AM

james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.


I live in the UK so I don't know what deal you are talking about. I use this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... for choosing graphics cards :) 


Well, that's what I get for assuming. That being the case, you could definitely benefit from waiting. nVidia will soon be releasing the lower-priced GTX 700 series cards, which could shake up the price-to-power hierarchy for that price bracket.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 1:41:30 AM

Jack Revenant said:
james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.


I live in the UK so I don't know what deal you are talking about. I use this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... for choosing graphics cards :) 


Well, that's what I get for assuming. That being the case, you could definitely benefit from waiting. nVidia will soon be releasing the lower-priced GTX 700 series cards, which could shake up the price-to-power hierarchy for that price bracket.


When are the rumoured dates?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 1:44:37 AM

james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.


I live in the UK so I don't know what deal you are talking about. I use this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... for choosing graphics cards :) 


Well, that's what I get for assuming. That being the case, you could definitely benefit from waiting. nVidia will soon be releasing the lower-priced GTX 700 series cards, which could shake up the price-to-power hierarchy for that price bracket.


When are the rumoured dates?


According to the report I read, which correctly called the release dates of the 780 and 770, the 760 will release in the next week or two. Unsure about the 750 or the Tis, or even if they'll exist, however.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 1:47:38 AM

Jack Revenant said:
james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
thasan1 said:
yep a very capable build. but, you might want to wait for haswell and other geforce cards.


I suspect that he's taking advantage of a deal which puts at least one Sapphire 7950 (not sure if it's that one) down to $270, which would preclude waiting for the cheaper 700s.


I live in the UK so I don't know what deal you are talking about. I use this article http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... for choosing graphics cards :) 


Well, that's what I get for assuming. That being the case, you could definitely benefit from waiting. nVidia will soon be releasing the lower-priced GTX 700 series cards, which could shake up the price-to-power hierarchy for that price bracket.


When are the rumoured dates?


According to the report I read, which correctly called the release dates of the 780 and 770, the 760 will release in the next week or two. Unsure about the 750 or the Tis, or even if they'll exist, however.


Cool! :D 
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 2:01:58 AM

umm .... guys help me with the case and the psu
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 2:05:03 AM

GHO5T said:
umm .... guys help me with the case and the psu


Oh god, did I just forget who the OP was? I must be getting old...

Best PSU for your wattage is the XFX Core Edition 550w. SeaSonic quality for Corsair prices. For case, I would suggest the Tempest or the Corsair 300R, if you can get a good price on it.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 4:57:53 AM

Build is good.
Is you RAM 1600 Mhz?
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard does not support G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB 1600 AFAIK.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 8:40:02 AM

But it says on the page that it does support 1600 Mhz rams but some thing related to installing a intel 22nm cpu ...
anyways could you please tell me the correct mother board for it ?

and I am going with NZXT Tempest 410 Elite case ( hope it fits in the GPU )
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 2:11:39 PM

Jack Revenant said:
GHO5T said:
umm .... guys help me with the case and the psu


Oh god, did I just forget who the OP was? I must be getting old...

Best PSU for your wattage is the XFX Core Edition 550w. SeaSonic quality for Corsair prices. For case, I would suggest the Tempest or the Corsair 300R, if you can get a good price on it.


I don't know much about PSUs can you elaborate 'SeaSonic quality for Corsair prices.'? Does that mean SeaSonic is the best brand for PSU and Corsair isn't as good but cheaper? XFX is as good as SeaSonic for the price of an inferior Corsair?
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 3:01:47 PM

james97cheung said:
Jack Revenant said:
GHO5T said:
umm .... guys help me with the case and the psu


Oh god, did I just forget who the OP was? I must be getting old...

Best PSU for your wattage is the XFX Core Edition 550w. SeaSonic quality for Corsair prices. For case, I would suggest the Tempest or the Corsair 300R, if you can get a good price on it.


I don't know much about PSUs can you elaborate 'SeaSonic quality for Corsair prices.'? Does that mean SeaSonic is the best brand for PSU and Corsair isn't as good but cheaper? XFX is as good as SeaSonic for the price of an inferior Corsair?


SeaSonic is, hands down, the best PSU brand. One tier down from it are Corsair and Antec, the two other most common choices. XFX sells PSUs with their own brand, manufactured by SeaSonic, but priced closer to the lower-tier PSUs. As a result, they are excellent value for money.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 3:04:31 PM

GHO5T said:
But it says on the page that it does support 1600 Mhz rams but some thing related to installing a intel 22nm cpu ...
anyways could you please tell me the correct mother board for it ?

and I am going with NZXT Tempest 410 Elite case ( hope it fits in the GPU )


According to NZXT's spec sheet (http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/114-tempest-410-elit...), the 410 can fit a 315mm card without a HDD installed, a 290mm with a bracket, or a 250mm with an HDD.
m
0
l
May 31, 2013 11:03:36 PM

GHO5T said:
But it says on the page that it does support 1600 Mhz rams but some thing related to installing a intel 22nm cpu ...
anyways could you please tell me the correct mother board for it ?

and I am going with NZXT Tempest 410 Elite case ( hope it fits in the GPU )


It does support 1600 MHz, but not the 2x 4GB one. I'm not very sure, I saw this in a forum saying that the unsupported RAM would run at 1333 MHz instead. I doubt it will be a big deal.

Anyways, http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
check the memory support list. Search for your RAM on the respective websites and copy down your RAM model no. to see if its supported.
* if you are particular about it
m
0
l
!