Ati HD5870 90c At Full load!

Ati HD5870 90c At Full load they are normal? used furmark burn-in test and got this result but while playing games its like 80-85c .. So if they are normal for this gpu please tell me. And forget to mention one thing this is happening with 91% fan usage.
10 answers Last reply
More about ati hd5870 90c full load
  1. There are many HD 5870 version with different cooling solutions -- 80-85C while gaming is normal -- 90C is a bit hot, but as it was while benchmarking, then there is nothing to worry about.

    Nevertheless, pay attention to your case air flow, and make sure it is dust free -- PC parts don´t like to go that hot!
  2. jemm said:
    There are many HD 5879 version with different cooling solutions -- 80-85C while gaming is normal -- 90C is a bit hot, but as it was while benchmarking, then there is nothing to worry about.

    Nevertheless, pay attention to your case air flow, and make sure it is dust free -- PC parts don´t like to go that hot!


    But is it normal with 91% fan usage? am using the XFX version.
  3. That card always ran hot, and Furmark can push it very hard indeed.
    It would definitely be a good idea to pop down to your local computer store, get a can of 'compressed air' and give the card a clean out.
    If you're unsure it should be done like this
    You'll need: A can of compressed air, a small brush or some cotton buds, a piece of cardboard large enough the lay the video card on, a dry day.

    Power down the system and remove the power lead.
    Remove the card, try to hold it by the edges and do not touch the gold contacts.
    Lay the card on the cardboard and clean the fan blades with the cotton buds/brush.
    Take the card and can of gas outside and use it to clean to internal heatsink fins by blowing BACKWARDS, into the exhaust or towards the fan/s.
    Do not blow directly onto the fan/s or you risk overspeeding them and use short bursts.
    If you accidentally touch the contacts they can be cleaned by GENTLY using a pen eraser followed by a short burst of air.
    If you are bothered with static, keep a part of you in contact with a earthed surface like a wall or radiator.
  4. 90C while Furmark"ing" is totally normal , there's liitle fan speed can do against Furmark's Heat
    and 80 85 while gaming is normal too . no need to worry .
  5. SkyWalker1726 said:
    90C while Furmark"ing" is totally normal , there's liitle fan speed can do against Furmark's Heat
    and 80 85 while gaming is normal too . no need to worry .


    But is it normal with 90-100% fan usage?
  6. Mine ran about 55-60% for a temperature of 82-84C using the reference cooler under Furmark if the OPs card is running at nearly full speed its time for a clean out and, probably a strip down to replace the thermal paste.
  7. coozie7 said:
    Mine ran about 55-60% for a temperature of 82-84C using the reference cooler under Furmark if the OPs card is running at nearly full speed its time for a clean out and, probably a strip down to replace the thermal paste.


    You are using the same gpu now?
  8. No, 7950 :).
  9. Jan3s said:
    SkyWalker1726 said:
    90C while Furmark"ing" is totally normal , there's liitle fan speed can do against Furmark's Heat
    and 80 85 while gaming is normal too . no need to worry .


    But is it normal with 90-100% fan usage?



    it is , i reached even 100c with 6990s , 6970s , and also 5970s while furmarking, but keep in mind that room temp is also a factor .
    there is nothing to worry about with ur card temps .
  10. coozie7 said:
    No, 7950 :).


    SkyWalker1726 said:
    Jan3s said:
    SkyWalker1726 said:
    90C while Furmark"ing" is totally normal , there's liitle fan speed can do against Furmark's Heat
    and 80 85 while gaming is normal too . no need to worry .


    But is it normal with 90-100% fan usage?



    it is , i reached even 100c with 6990s , 6970s , and also 5970s while furmarking, but keep in mind that room temp is also a factor .
    there is nothing to worry about with ur card temps .


    Thanks mate i set my fans to 65% and now the temp dont cross 85c while gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

Burner ATI