HD 7970 No Display/Signal

Ash Westwood

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Hi all, first post here, hope you guys can help.

I have got a brand new Sapphire 11197-12-40G HD7970 3GB Vapor-X Graphics Card. I have installed it and when I try to boot there is no signal sent to ANY monitor that I have tried, I have tried multiple monitors and multiple inputs/cables; HDMI, DVI, DVI-VGA. Everything I have tried does not seem to work, I put my old broken GTX 570 in and I can get in to safe mode and have uninstalled the nvidia drivers and installed the AMD Catalyst control center/drivers but whatever I try it does not want to show on my screen. I have been to a shop and they have tried a different power supply and it still does not want to work. I don't know what to do as I really want to test this beast out but to no avail. Anyway, my PC specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5-2300 2.80GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155
Asus P8P67/Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 MicroATX Mobo.
Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Intel 120GB SSD ** WD 1TB SATA HDD.
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8GB)
And a shitty Powercool 80** 650W PSU.

Like I said I have tried a different PSU and it still doesn't boot. I'm starting to think it's DOA but I seriously hope not. Any ideas guys?

Solution
Try to insert it into another PCIE slot.
Try to replug PSU cord into it.
Go to bios and set primary video adapter to integrated, save, exit, re boot. Then again do the same but this time keep it as PCIE (PEG).
Hopefully this time it should work.
Try to insert it into another PCIE slot.
Try to replug PSU cord into it.
Go to bios and set primary video adapter to integrated, save, exit, re boot. Then again do the same but this time keep it as PCIE (PEG).
Hopefully this time it should work.

Solution

Ash Westwood

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
I'll try a different PCI-E Slot, but just a mention is that my Mobo doesn't have intergrated graphics as far as I know as it has no port on the back to hook a monitor up to.

Ash Westwood

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Ok, I got the GPU all working fine and dandy except my frame rate in game is horrific. Its constantly up and down and never at a constant. I've reinstalled windows and a fresh set of drivers and I just don't know what to do. Is this some sort of bottle neck caused by my CPU?