Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best gaming laptop in 2013

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 1, 2013 7:16:13 PM

Which are the top 5 gaming laptops available on the market ?
(please dont send me a link to the laptop buyer faq)
Which brands do you recommend for buying a gaming laptop?

More about : gaming laptop 2013

June 2, 2013 11:04:22 AM

I can give you brands
Samsung Series 7 Gaming Laptops
MSI gaming Laptops
Alienware gaming laptops
Asus ROG gaming laptops
Sager Gaming Laptops

As fast as the top 5 best, maybe you should google. It's really hard to list them as the best ones are custom built.
m
0
l
June 2, 2013 11:04:55 AM

The Lenovo y500 series is also a good budget gaming laptop series.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 2, 2013 11:19:35 AM

kaleb norman said:
The Lenovo y500 series is also a good budget gaming laptop series.


I'd second this. I'd completely avoid Alienware - they are not the brand they used to be after Dell bought them and ran them into the ground. My Y500 is the best laptop I've ever had and I've owned several brands - Toshiba, Gateway, Dell, Sony, and Apple.

Sager is a good choice since many resellers like MSI, Origin, and Puget rebrand their systems.
m
0
l
June 2, 2013 11:25:07 AM

g-unit1111 said:
kaleb norman said:
The Lenovo y500 series is also a good budget gaming laptop series.


I'd second this. I'd completely avoid Alienware - they are not the brand they used to be after Dell bought them and ran them into the ground. My Y500 is the best laptop I've ever had and I've owned several brands - Toshiba, Gateway, Dell, Sony, and Apple.

Sager is a good choice since many resellers like MSI, Origin, and Puget rebrand their systems.



Bahaha, yea I would never buy an alienware.. I just couldn't think of any other gaming laptop brands. Well big names. I have a samsung series 7 np700g7c-s02us and I love it, fast and plays games/media like a boss. If I were to get a different one I would go with Lenovo Y500, just such good prices for what you get.

I had a sager but, it just burned out on me and I had to send it in 2 times. I have a few buddies that have sagers and they love them. Luck of the draw I guess.
m
0
l
June 2, 2013 11:40:26 AM

Razer has been killing it recently with the new Blades and the recently released Edge. Many people I know that have gaming laptops for portability (travel for work and want to game in their hotels) love the Blade (now the Blade Pro) or are considering getting the smaller 14 incher (same guts, but unfortunately no 1080p screen).

Also the only time I've ever seen a MCP user switch voluntarily to Windows for a personal machine.
m
0
l
June 2, 2013 1:48:12 PM

eotm said:
Razer has been killing it recently with the new Blades and the recently released Edge. Many people I know that have gaming laptops for portability (travel for work and want to game in their hotels) love the Blade (now the Blade Pro) or are considering getting the smaller 14 incher (same guts, but unfortunately no 1080p screen).

Also the only time I've ever seen a MCP user switch voluntarily to Windows for a personal machine.


Yea, razer has been killing peoples wallets, that is about it. You can do way better in a laptop with way less money. The 2nd gen razer laptops are still going for 2000 and only have a 660m in them, waste of money. They are cool, don't get me wrong but, I would never spend that on a brand.

I was excited when they first announced those laptops, then I realized they are just going to be overpriced because they are "Razer."

m
0
l
June 2, 2013 1:57:17 PM

Thank you all for your help, so the lenovo y500 is apparently the best choice?
The MSI gt70 looks really good. Between msi and lenovo which one should I choose?
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 2:06:53 PM

kaleb norman said:
eotm said:
Razer has been killing it recently with the new Blades and the recently released Edge. Many people I know that have gaming laptops for portability (travel for work and want to game in their hotels) love the Blade (now the Blade Pro) or are considering getting the smaller 14 incher (same guts, but unfortunately no 1080p screen).

Also the only time I've ever seen a MCP user switch voluntarily to Windows for a personal machine.


Yea, razer has been killing peoples wallets, that is about it. You can do way better in a laptop with way less money. The 2nd gen razer laptops are still going for 2000 and only have a 660m in them, waste of money. They are cool, don't get me wrong but, I would never spend that on a brand.

I was excited when they first announced those laptops, then I realized they are just going to be overpriced because they are "Razer."



Agreed. But the target audience is people who were going to buy an overpriced, slightly underpowered laptop (MCP on one end, Alienware 14x on the other). For anyone who needs to carry a laptop around for whatever reason, 17in, 9lbs behemoths are not an option anymore. Which leaves something like a Razer as the only alternative to a gaming desktop + midrange laptop combo. Trust me, I'm not happy about how much I'm paying either, but can't find viable alternatives. Since the OP asked for the "best" and not the "best value" it should be mentioned in case he values design and portability over raw power.

I think the previous model dropped to ~$1800 with the new rollout (no Haswell, but with discrete graphics you won't miss Iris, and battery life was decent anyway). What bums me out is no 1080p screen in the new 14in Blade.
m
0
l
June 27, 2013 3:30:15 AM

lenovo y 500 is quite good in my opinion
m
0
l
June 27, 2013 8:46:27 AM

My Y500 is the best laptop i have ever owned.
m
0
l
August 10, 2013 4:15:34 PM

I guess MSI GT 70 Is pretty good gaming laptop to have
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:44:00 AM

kaleb norman said:
I can give you brands
Samsung Series 7 Gaming Laptops
MSI gaming Laptops
Alienware gaming laptops
Asus ROG gaming laptops
Sager Gaming Laptops

As fast as the top 5 best, maybe you should google. It's really hard to list them as the best ones are custom built.


m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:45:16 AM

Who would you recommend to build a custom laptop?
m
0
l
!