Best 660 Ti (or non Ti) brand for overclocking?

dakrazeedude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,
I am planning on buying a gtx 660 ti and I want to overclock it but I don't know which is the best for it.
I had my eye on the Gigabyte brand:
OC edition:

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-WINDFORCE-PCI-Express-Graphics-GV-N66TOC-2GD/dp/B008UG2W20/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1370180686&sr=8-6&keywords=660+ti

standard edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-GV-N66TWF2-2GD/dp/B008XGTRAM/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1370180705&sr=1-2&keywords=660+ti

several questions:
are these really the best for OC? also, is it better to start from the factory overclocked edition or the standard?
or maybe the 660(non Ti) overclocks better?

please help me answer those questions.

Thanks.

The Asus one has better cooling and is quieter. You can OC it yourself. The only difference being that if you buy a factory OC one, you get the warranty whereas if you OC it yourself and you messed up, then you voided your warranty.

The GTX 660 Ti is the better of the two. Alternatively, you can get a Radeon HD 7950 for about the same price. And the AMD Never Settle bundle provides you with 3 free games -- Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and Bioshock Infinite.

Not anymore... LOL...
New revision after Nvidia almost sued them over over-volting CRIPPLED overclocking on the later models. Its the same as any other aftermarket card now.
At least they don't fail by the hundreds anymore.

Kepler does not OC very well, but as said above. MSI, ASUS, Zotac, all are good options if they have an aftermarket cooler.

LOL you did not read up on that did you?
Its not the same thing as "unlocked" voltages.

The voltage control on Nvidias design was BYPASSED by MSI to allow MASSIVE voltages to flood into the card with very little control, this killed MANY cards. MSI has to revise it or face a law suite. Your country is not the exception to that rule.

Well maybe my country got the first containers of 660ti PE after that accident, therefor that kind of damage hasn't been found. Anyway I went a bit off-topic here. Better stop.

No, your country did not, and it was NOT an accident. Was fully intentional and the FIRST revision was like that. They have been out of circulation for some time now. MONTHS. So no, they are not available anymore.

STOP FORCING ME TO CORRECT YOU! :p

Better stick to motherboard and homebuilts sections instead :flyaway: