Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 OC 2 GB or Waiting for GTX 760?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 2, 2013 6:57:03 AM

I am almost sure to go with the Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 OC 2 GB graphics card, but just need a last bit of advice, should i continue on my plan or should i wait for GTX 760, which is still not showing up on anythng.
Also is it worth the wait? because according to my knowledge, the GTX 760 will not literally dominate my Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 OC 2 GB? Right?
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a c 91 à CPUs
June 2, 2013 6:59:45 AM

Believe me or not, it can make a difference. I can assume it would be about 20% faster when it would be available but at the same time I am expecting the prices to drop for GTX 660 (you know what I mean). So it is a good idea to wait for a while considering the fact that it should be available soon.
m
0
l
June 2, 2013 7:15:42 AM

luckiest charm said:
Believe me or not, it can make a difference. I can assume it would be about 20% faster when it would be available but at the same time I am expecting the prices to drop for GTX 660 (you know what I mean). So it is a good idea to wait for a while considering the fact that it should be available soon.


Thank you for your reply, i understand that it will surely be a bit better than the 660, but will it be really worth the wait? i mean i am making my rig now, this week, and i don't think GTX 760 will be launched this in month.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a c 91 à CPUs
June 2, 2013 7:21:30 AM

Look, I can give you one suggestion, buy the video card as late as you can, you never know what company is up to. :) 
You would be waiting for 1 week, and if it doesn't get released till then, you can go and buy a 660.

Normally 20% isn't too much and that 20% would be gained after a few months when its drivers would be made appropriately to make full use of it. As of now when it would be released, both cards won't have a lot of difference.
Share
June 2, 2013 7:25:55 AM

luckiest charm said:
Look, I can give you one suggestion, buy the video card as late as you can, you never know what company is up to. :) 
You would be waiting for 1 week, and if it doesn't get released till then, you can go and buy a 660.

Normally 20% isn't too much and that 20% would be gained after a few months when its drivers would be made appropriately to make full use of it. As of now when it would be released, both cards won't have a lot of difference.


Yeap okay. Will do that :) 
Thanks a lot luckiest charm. :) 
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
a b ) Power supply
a b å Intel
a c 91 à CPUs
June 2, 2013 7:31:13 AM

No problems mate .. Glad to be of help. :) 
m
0
l
!