Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

GTX 560 ti (OC) vs HD 7850 1GB Royal Queen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 3, 2013 4:15:26 AM

Hey, so i'm thinking about buying the HD 7850 by bidding about 50e (like 65Dollards) more to get that HD 7850 Royal Queen, so is it worth it? Or should i just stick by my loyal GTX 560 TI.
Games i'd be playing would be BF3 & BF4 mostly and so on.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 3, 2013 4:24:13 AM

If you do have the desire to OC that 7850, then performance increase over a gtx 560ti should be about 25-30%. But if you don't, then it doesn't worth upgrading. Aim for something equal or higher than a HD7870XT to get significant performance increase at stock clock.
Share
June 3, 2013 4:29:04 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
If you do have the desire to OC that 7850, then performance increase over a gtx 560ti should be about 25-30%. But if you don't, then it doesn't worth upgrading. Aim for something equal or higher than a HD7870XT to get significant performance increase at stock clock.
Well, i don't see any problems overcloking the 7850. Basicly just asking that would it be worth upgrading and by reading you'r post you'r reffering that yes?
Also in that case, some 7850 overcloking tips and such would be appreciated.
This is the card: http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/pro...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 3, 2013 4:40:00 AM

If you intend to OC then yes, it worth getting that 7850.
m
0
l
June 3, 2013 4:56:33 AM

Madn3ss795 said:
If you intend to OC then yes, it worth getting that 7850.

Alrighty, thanks man and if i may ask. Could ya link me with a good tutorial on overcloking this type of cards without increasing the voltage.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 3, 2013 5:06:57 AM

Destroy said:
Madn3ss795 said:
If you intend to OC then yes, it worth getting that 7850.

Alrighty, thanks man and if i may ask. Could ya link me with a good tutorial on overcloking this type of cards without increasing the voltage.


Try using MSI Afterburner. Just increase core clock to 1050mhz then follow my small steps, about 10mhz each. Stress test with Fumark to check whether your GPU can work at that clock. As for memory, you won't be able to increase it by a lot, since the Elpida memory modules used don't have great overclocking ability.
m
0
l
June 3, 2013 5:12:03 AM

Alright, thanks man!
m
0
l
!