Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help needed for new build in progress

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 3, 2013 9:00:28 AM

Hi guys. Just bought some parts for my new rig but im not sure about my psu , ram and fans..



My rig currently consists of
I7-4770K
Asus Z87 Plus
GC Extreme Thermal paste
Asus GTX-780
Seasonic 1050W X series
NZXT Phantom 630(white)





1)Regarding my Hyper 212 evo from my old rig, can i reuse the evo from my old rig for the new rig?

2)What type of casing fans would be good to buy for my casing?

3)What type of ram should i buy?


3)im intending to sli my current gpu in the future. Is 1050w enough for 2 780s?

Thanks in advance


More about : needed build progress

June 3, 2013 9:10:45 AM

3) I recommend 8gb 1600 ddr3
4) yes that is way plenty for 780 SLI. you could actually get a smaller one.
m
0
l
June 3, 2013 9:17:53 AM

Aceleader said:
3) I recommend 8gb 1600 ddr3
4) yes that is way plenty for 780 SLI. you could actually get a smaller one.


i have only 2 slots remaining from ram(using 2 from my old rig)
4) I see... the guy at the shop told me i needed a 1050w if i needed to sli my rig.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
June 3, 2013 9:18:35 AM

Quote:

1)Regarding my Hyper 212 evo from my old rig, can i reuse the evo from my old rig for the new rig?

2)What type of casing fans would be good to buy for my casing?

3)What type of ram should i buy?


3)im intending to sli my current gpu in the future. Is 1050w enough for 2 780s?


1. Yes - but you do not need to buy additional thermal compound, you're throwing money away there.

2. Just don't buy cheap ones.

3. For Haswell - DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V dual channel. (same as Ivy)

4. Way more than you'll ever need. An 850W will be plenty.
Share
June 3, 2013 9:23:20 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:

1)Regarding my Hyper 212 evo from my old rig, can i reuse the evo from my old rig for the new rig?

2)What type of casing fans would be good to buy for my casing?

3)What type of ram should i buy?


3)im intending to sli my current gpu in the future. Is 1050w enough for 2 780s?


1. Yes - but you do not need to buy additional thermal compound, you're throwing money away there.

2. Just don't buy cheap ones.

3. For Haswell - DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V dual channel. (same as Ivy)

4. Way more than you'll ever need. An 850W will be plenty.


i see..Thanks for the help


m
0
l
June 3, 2013 9:23:21 AM

Yeah the rig I've got with 780 SLI uses about 800w OC'ed. You could be safe with a 900w psu I would say. Just saw the other guy's answer. an 850w should be fine as well.
m
0
l
June 3, 2013 9:26:20 AM

Aceleader said:
Yeah the rig I've got with 780 SLI uses about 800w OC'ed. You could be safe with a 900w psu I would say. Just saw the other guy's answer. an 850w should be fine as well.


Ah damn.. well i guess i could call the excess for extra headroom when overclocking then..
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 3, 2013 9:34:29 AM

1. Yes. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2. I am afraid your case is not of a good choice. Try something like Cooler Master HAF 932, HAF X, Storm Trooper, or some Corsair case, etc. You will get better performance, better cooling and so on.....

3. Any good brand RAM will do e.g. Corsair, G Skill, etc.....

4. Yes, your PSU is power enough to run a SLI setting.
m
0
l
!