Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best and Cheapest PSU for FX-8350 and XFX HD 7870 2GB

Tags:
Last response: in Components
Share
June 4, 2013 8:14:01 AM

Hi everyone,
I am building a new rig for gaming and i have decided to have the following components in this build:
AMD FX-8350
MSI 990FXA-GD65V2
XFX DD HD 7870 2GB
1TB SATA HDD

I might overclock this CPU and the GPU a bit. I am also on a budget.

What is the best and the cheapest PSU recommended for this build? I can spend about $30-$40 on the PSU

Any help is appreciated :) 
June 4, 2013 8:33:50 AM

Corsair CX500 PSU

Has a $10 off instant rebate, and also a $20 mail in rebate.

Brings the price down to $29 with all the rebates, you can't beat Corsair quality at that price
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 9:15:49 AM

xfx pro 550w core edition or the Sea Sonic S12II-620 Bronze. If you go for corsair get the cx600, but I highly recommend the first two.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 4, 2013 10:04:46 AM

mattius92 said:
Corsair CX500 PSU

Has a $10 off instant rebate, and also a $20 mail in rebate.

Brings the price down to $29 with all the rebates, you can't beat Corsair quality at that price

^I was considering the same PSU. Are you sure this PSU will support the XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB?

L Helps said:
xfx pro 550w core edition or the Sea Sonic S12II-620 Bronze. If you go for corsair get the cx600, but I highly recommend the first two.

^I like those but they are way out of the budget :( 
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 8:45:25 PM

Yes the CX 500 will support it, I have the CX 500 in my PC, with a HD 7870 that I have.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 4, 2013 9:14:36 PM

Yes, that GPU (HD7870)will only pull about 285 watts under full load , leaving plenty of power for your system.So feel assured the CX500 is capable.
Share
July 30, 2013 1:29:14 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Yes, that GPU (HD7870)will only pull about 285 watts under full load , leaving plenty of power for your system.So feel assured the CX500 is capable.

Does only xfx hd 7870 can be paired with cx 430 ? As i have core i3 3220.
m
0
l
!