Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Getting shock from cpu heat sink

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 4, 2013 12:05:58 PM

Reassembled my pc for cleaning. Mounted the mobo to the case. Mounted cpu fan and connected atx power and cpu power. Just I was going to start the pc to check for post, I touched the cpu heat sink and got a continuous shock(not static) . Immediately turned down the power. Has the damage been done or is it fixable.

Specs
GB GA 78LMt s2pt
Fx 6100
Seasonic s12ii 520w

More about : shock cpu heat sink

June 4, 2013 12:12:46 PM

Could be , shock is never a good thing coming from a board.
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 1:02:04 PM

Hi
Does the plug on end of cable from wall socket to PSU have an earth connection ?
(does socket have earth (ground) connection

You should not get a shock if earth wire connected correctly.

was there any smoke or smell of burning. ?



regards
Mike Barnes

m
0
l
June 4, 2013 1:17:35 PM

Tried to start the system despite this and it works. Posts and everything but it says that my windows is corrupted. I was using a power cable without the earth pin because the cable provided was too short. However, this issue never happened. Can anyone explain why? Now I am using the short cable with the earth pin and the problem seems to have been fixed. However I am curious on why it started happening now.

Thanks.
m
0
l
!