Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First Build:Final Look over Before Ordering Parts

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 4, 2013 2:27:46 PM

Hey all, so this is my first time building a computer and I was hoping I could get what I put together looked over. my budget is 1500$ for this and I want to keep it under that. This computer is going to be used for mostly gaming. I might use it for schoolwork cause I am still in college, but that entails just using Microsoft Office on it. I do have to buy a monitor, but I would don't want anything over 20 inches. Also, I will probably have to buy an OS. Here are the parts I chose:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 (its low profile so it wont get in the way of my cpu cooler)

Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM


Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black/Orange) ATX Mid Tower


Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98)

Total: ~$1500 (with a chosen moniter and windows 7 for an OS)


If you have any recommendations please make them. Also, I think the motherboard and video card I chose are good but I would like to hear your opinions on them. If you think you know of a better card or motherboard that would fit my build well please let me know!

Here is my build on pcpartpicker:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cmarciano56/saved/1GyN
June 4, 2013 2:35:31 PM

Go with Haswell or go with a FX-8350. There is no reason stick with Ivy unless you are able to pick up the CPU/Motherboard combo for 15-20% cheaper than Haswell.
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 2:51:18 PM

slomo4sho said:
Go with Haswell or go with a FX-8350. There is no reason stick with Ivy unless you are able to pick up the CPU/Motherboard combo for 15-20% cheaper than Haswell.


I think I might try to get a combo that a microcenter near me is offering, but do you think getting a Haswell would be worth it? Im pretty much already at my max price range, but if I can get better performance out of my build for a little extra I might do it.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 4, 2013 2:55:26 PM

Cmarciano56 said:
I think I might try to get a combo that a microcenter near me is offering, but do you think getting a Haswell would be worth it? Im pretty much already at my max price range, but if I can get better performance out of my build for a little extra I might do it.


What games are you playing? It may be advantageous to to with the FX-8350 if you are playing specific new releases that utilize multiple threads.
m
0
l
June 4, 2013 4:11:33 PM

slomo4sho said:
Cmarciano56 said:
I think I might try to get a combo that a microcenter near me is offering, but do you think getting a Haswell would be worth it? Im pretty much already at my max price range, but if I can get better performance out of my build for a little extra I might do it.


What games are you playing? It may be advantageous to to with the FX-8350 if you are playing specific new releases that utilize multiple threads.


I want to be able to play games like bioshock infinite and farcry 3 on pretty decent settings

m
0
l
June 4, 2013 4:45:10 PM

Cmarciano56 said:
I want to be able to play games like bioshock infinite and farcry 3 on pretty decent settings






The FX-8350 may be the better option in your case.
m
0
l
!