Solved

First computer build compatibility check

Hi guys, I am building my first computer, and I would really appreciate if some one can check the components compatibility before I order the parts. Soo here it goes :)

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155

cpu: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor(BX80637I33220)

memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B)

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive(WD5000AAKS) & Seagate barracuda 7200.10 360Gbs (st330320as)

gpu: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card(100358L)

case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case(RC-912-KKN1)

psu: Rosewill Capstone 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply(CAPSTONE-650)

disk drive: samsumg TS-H653N & toshiba sd-h902a

cpu cooler: Cooler Master
Hyper 212 Plus(RR-B10-212P-G1)

I'll be installing window 8.

one thing that worried me if I'm overkilling the psu for the whole system?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer build compatibility check
  1. Those parts should all be compatible, but you could likely put something more efficient together. What's the budget on this build, and where are you buying?

    Edit: Also, what is the intended use of the system?
  2. Also, that PSU is VERY overkill.
  3. Jack Revenant said:
    Those parts should all be compatible, but you could likely put something more efficient together. What's the budget on this build, and where are you buying?

    Edit: Also, what is the intended use of the system?


    I'm looking into gaming but not a high-end intense. Just enough to play starcraft 2 in ultra setting, dota2, diablo3,

    NOT interested to run such as crysis. lol.
    Also, I only have a laptop right now, which I have to plug and unplug to my monitor, usb port etc whenever I bring it back home after go out.

    budget I'm think in from 500-600 range, and I'll be ordering them from newegg mostly, amazon maybe if some parts are cheaper.
  4. Thanatos Telos said:
    Also, that PSU is VERY overkill.


    I thought so too, I did the psu calculator that newegg provided in their website and it came out around little over 300 I think.. But then the GPU on newegg "details" says I should have at least 400w and to power up other components I had to increase psu watt to a larger one.

    Any recommendation for a right psu???
  5. Best answer
    ohdavid42 said:
    Jack Revenant said:
    Those parts should all be compatible, but you could likely put something more efficient together. What's the budget on this build, and where are you buying?

    Edit: Also, what is the intended use of the system?


    I'm looking into gaming but not a high-end intense. Just enough to play starcraft 2 in ultra setting, dota2, diablo3,

    NOT interested to run such as crysis. lol.
    Also, I only have a laptop right now, which I have to plug and unplug to my monitor, usb port etc whenever I bring it back home after go out.

    budget I'm think in from 500-600 range, and I'll be ordering them from newegg mostly, amazon maybe if some parts are cheaper.



    I don't normally say this, but you may be under investing in your CPU. SCII and Dota 2 are both heavily CPU-bound (though I'm not sure about Diablo), so an i5 might actually be a significant use.

    Would you be willing to consider other trustworthy vendors if they have better prices?

    Edit: What would you think of this?
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($95.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $637.60
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-05 08:09 EDT-0400)
  6. Jack Revenant said:
    ohdavid42 said:
    Jack Revenant said:
    Those parts should all be compatible, but you could likely put something more efficient together. What's the budget on this build, and where are you buying?

    Edit: Also, what is the intended use of the system?


    I'm looking into gaming but not a high-end intense. Just enough to play starcraft 2 in ultra setting, dota2, diablo3,

    NOT interested to run such as crysis. lol.
    Also, I only have a laptop right now, which I have to plug and unplug to my monitor, usb port etc whenever I bring it back home after go out.

    budget I'm think in from 500-600 range, and I'll be ordering them from newegg mostly, amazon maybe if some parts are cheaper.



    I don't normally say this, but you may be under investing in your CPU. SCII and Dota 2 are both heavily CPU-bound (though I'm not sure about Diablo), so an i5 might actually be a significant use.

    Would you be willing to consider other trustworthy vendors if they have better prices?


    What other vendors that I can look in to???
  7. Quick little build I put together:

    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/13c8n
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/13c8n/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/13c8n/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.98 @ Outlet PC)

    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)

    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)

    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)

    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($187.99 @ Newegg)

    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)

    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ Outlet PC)

    Total: $600.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-05 08:12 EDT-0400

    Edit: Please note that these builds don't include OS, you didn't list it in your original so I'm assuming you don't need.
  8. ohdavid42 said:
    Jack Revenant said:
    ohdavid42 said:
    Jack Revenant said:
    Those parts should all be compatible, but you could likely put something more efficient together. What's the budget on this build, and where are you buying?

    Edit: Also, what is the intended use of the system?


    I'm looking into gaming but not a high-end intense. Just enough to play starcraft 2 in ultra setting, dota2, diablo3,

    NOT interested to run such as crysis. lol.
    Also, I only have a laptop right now, which I have to plug and unplug to my monitor, usb port etc whenever I bring it back home after go out.

    budget I'm think in from 500-600 range, and I'll be ordering them from newegg mostly, amazon maybe if some parts are cheaper.



    I don't normally say this, but you may be under investing in your CPU. SCII and Dota 2 are both heavily CPU-bound (though I'm not sure about Diablo), so an i5 might actually be a significant use.

    Would you be willing to consider other trustworthy vendors if they have better prices?


    What other vendors that I can look in to???


    All of the vendors on the PC Part Picker list I posted should be completely trustworthy. Beyond that, if you can access it, Microcenter opens up whole new worlds of optimization.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computers Compatibility Systems