Solved

New 1080p Monitor Suggestions

Hey guys :-)

Thinking of running two or three 22" 1080p monitors on my new HD7970 GHz Edition. Not necessarily in Eyefinity, more interested in the multitasking capabilities.

What would you suggest? I'm looking for something cheap but not crappy in the UK


Thanks,
Conor
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1080p monitor suggestions
  1. If you could, include 19" displays also!

    Thanks again
  2. Asus VE248Q 24-Inch LED Monitor
    Low Input Lag, Response Time, and Price
    Asus VE248Q 2ms MonitorAnother monitor in the widely popular under $200 category is the Asus VE248Q which has a slim design but more importantly is ideal for FPS gamers with a 2ms response time, sub 1 frame input lag, and gives you some of the best value for the money. Beyond gaming I like that Asus gives several connectivity options with HDMI, VGA, and even a DisplayPort connector. The ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor (Black) is a great budget friendly option.For under $150 you get an attractive, Ultra-Slim Design, with all the specifications you want for home theater and gaming entertainment.
  3. LG IPS224V 22 inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor for £109.99 Yes or No?
  4. Three IPS 1080p monitors, go for it.
  5. manofchalk said:
    Three IPS 1080p monitors, go for it.


    Are multi-screen setups that good?

    I currently have a single 1080p 22" but I am hearing more and more about how duel/tri monitor setups are so much better, are they?
  6. Best answer
    I use a triple monitor setup myself, and would find it difficult to even go back to a dual setup.
    It really does make it much better to use the machine, especially for productivity purposes. The ability to spread out whatever your doing (Video Editing especially) or have it so you dont need to constantly switch between windows (Web Browser and Word for a research essay) is just great.
  7. manofchalk said:
    I use a triple monitor setup myself, and would find it difficult to even go back to a dual setup.
    It really does make it much better to use the machine, especially for productivity purposes. The ability to spread out whatever your doing (Video Editing especially) or have it so you dont need to constantly switch between windows (Web Browser and Word for a research essay) is just great.


    I really can see the merit to be fair, my girlfriend constantly pesters me on Skype while I am trying to do coursework ;-) hahahaha

    Would the performance hit on my system be noticeable?
  8. Multiple monitors wont lower your performance outside games. Inside of games (if you are playing across them, Eyefinity) then there would be a significant performance hit.
  9. manofchalk said:
    Multiple monitors wont lower your performance outside games. Inside of games (if you are playing across them, Eyefinity) then there would be a significant performance hit.


    I was intending on say, playing Starcraft 2 on one monitor, Skype on another and FireFox on the third?
  10. You can have those things on the other monitors, just don't expect to be able to interact (click on) with them. To do so would move the "focus" from the game, which causes it to minimize.
  11. manofchalk said:
    You can have those things on the other monitors, just don't expect to be able to interact (click on) with them. To do so would move the "focus" from the game, which causes it to minimize.


    Yeah I know, thanks for your input though, helped a lot!
Ask a new question

Read More

Multitasking Monitors Graphics