660 ti OEM card

JSJ

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I bought a 660 ti card off of e-bay. I thought that it was just a normal nvidia branded card. I was wrong (my fault). My first clue was that it only needed one power supply cable instead of two. It turns out that it's an OEM card from Dell. I have a feeling that I'm going to end up returning it.

I have a couple of questions.

First, are OEM cards overclockable?

Second, can you use the regular drivers off of nvidia's site when they are updated or do you have to wait and use whatever driver that the OEM (in this case Dell) decides to release?

If I have to count on and wait for OEM specific drivers then that is a definite deal breaker.

Solution
To my knowledge there is no 660ti OEM.

There is a 660 OEM which is basically a chopped down version of the 660ti.

With regard to its ability to OC, I don't know. With regard to the drivers for it, it will require those to be supplied by the OEM, in your case Dell.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
To my knowledge there is no 660ti OEM.

There is a 660 OEM which is basically a chopped down version of the 660ti.

With regard to its ability to OC, I don't know. With regard to the drivers for it, it will require those to be supplied by the OEM, in your case Dell.

Solution

JSJ

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I've always had good luck with stuff from eBay. This time though it was my fault for not doing my due diligence on the card instead of just making the false assumption that it would be a normal reference card.

The part number matches up and it is indeed an OEM 660 ti card, but like I said, having to count on an OEM provider to release their own drivers is a deal breaker. I'll be boxing the card up and sending it back.