Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Can 2.7GHz run a HD 7970 ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 5, 2013 10:11:30 PM

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.7Ghz can run the beast ?
What do you think ?

More about : 7ghz run 7970

June 5, 2013 10:17:06 PM

I dont think so.

you would need an i5-2/3/4xxx OR fx-63/83xx cpu to run it without bottlenecks
m
0
l

Best solution

June 5, 2013 10:23:03 PM

Will it work? Yes

Will it work well? No
Share
Related resources
June 5, 2013 10:24:28 PM

one word, bottleneck
m
0
l
June 5, 2013 10:24:51 PM

Nazmi07 said:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.7Ghz can run the beast ?
What do you think ?


Kind of a weird question. You are asking if an old Pentium (from 4 years ago) can run a $400 GPU. It can run a 7970 but you really should upgrade to a quad core CPU.
m
0
l
June 5, 2013 10:57:20 PM

chromic said:
I dont think so.

you would need an i5-2/3/4xxx OR fx-63/83xx cpu to run it without bottlenecks


i know, just wondering, i would get the 3570k

Cons29 said:
one word, bottleneck


Indeed.. haha

envy14tpe said:
Nazmi07 said:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.7Ghz can run the beast ?
What do you think ?


Kind of a weird question. You are asking if an old Pentium (from 4 years ago) can run a $400 GPU. It can run a 7970 but you really should upgrade to a quad core CPU.


Yeah, i want the 7970 , but i need to get the PSU for at least 500w + , now im running that 2.7Ghz .. so better i just build a new Rig =__= lololol ~
m
0
l
June 5, 2013 10:59:29 PM

Pinhedd said:
Will it work? Yes

Will it work well? No


Good & Simple answer :D 
BEST SOLUTION for you bros ~
m
0
l
!