VGA port on motherboard not working

I have recently bought a new motherboard for my computer, I have plugged all the cables in (power, hdd, etc) and i go to turn it on and i get no output from the VGA port.
6 answers Last reply
More about vga port motherboard working
  1. What MB? Does the CPU have integrated graphics?

    Check through this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
  2. Someone Somewhere said:
    What MB? Does the CPU have integrated graphics?

    Check through this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems


    The mother board is an asrock G41C-GS and yes the cpu does have integrated graphics
  3. Did you look through the link? Particularly the bit about the 4 pin CPU power connector.

    That board is from the generation when the iGPU was on the chipset, not the CPU. So the chip doesn't have an iGPU (though that's not an issue in this case).
  4. Someone Somewhere said:
    Did you look through the link? Particularly the bit about the 4 pin CPU power connector.

    That board is from the generation when the iGPU was on the chipset, not the CPU. So the chip doesn't have an iGPU (though that's not an issue in this case).


    thanks for that i went through everything and still no luck. all i get when the computer boots up is no signal and a black screen.
  5. Do you know the monitor works?

    Does the power button light up; do the fans spin?

    Did you try breadboarding it?
  6. Someone Somewhere said:
    Do you know the monitor works?

    Does the power button light up; do the fans spin?

    Did you try breadboarding it?


    yes the monitor works i use it for all my other computers

    both power and lights are turning on

    and no i haven't tried breadboarding yet. ill do it tomorrow as i will have the time to go through it and post the results
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt