Yesterday we had a brief power outage at the house (just a few seconds) and afterwards my homebuilt machine would not boot.
- Homebuilt machine with a Gigabyte MB
- Computer will start, goes through the Gigabyte flash screen, Verified the DMI Pool, and then pops up with: Warning DES is turned off . . . press any key to continue..." (DES is an energy saver on the Gigabyte MBs)
- Issue comes in because I can't "press any key". Normally I have it hooked up to a wireless keyboard, but when that didn't work I plugged in a USB keyboard directly into a USB slot on the MB. Still nothing.
- When I try to reboot, my keyboard normally flashes lights for the Num Lock, Cap Locks, etc, but I'm not seeing that now either.
I'm guessing that one or more of the following are dead:
- Keyboard (don't think it's this since I've tried with two separate ones)
Any advice on how to start troubleshooting this, and/or if there's anyway to force a key press without a keyboard?