FX-6350 vs. FX-8350

Axiom34

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Plain and simple I'm planning on building a new system and I'm tryting to decide whats the best rout to take..

I want my next system to last for awhile so I wanna try and future proof it as much as possible... I'm thinking about buying a SABERTOOTH 990FX/GEN3 R2.0 Motherboard and for the processor I was thinking FX-6350...

but thinking about it... do you guys think it's a good investment to just go for the FX-8350 instead?

What I use my system for primarily:
Gaming
Drafting (Autodesk Inventor and Solid works)
Programming
Movies and music
and the occasional Photo editing

8350rocks

Distinguished

There are lots of things that will run on as many cores as you can throw at them. Also, if you multitask a lot, that means that you have more cores for programs that only tie up 1-2 cores to use, so you're not sacrificing performance to run a bunch of programs at once.

TheMentalist

Distinguished
Single apps? not much, but rendering/compiling apps make good use of multi-cores. In addition to that, it MAY be that future games will run much better on extra cores of the cpu. Although we cannot say what will happen in the future, but my thought is to build a pc that will perform great in the future aswell. Better investment on the long term(not saying that the 8350 will stay a beast in the future, just saying that it will stay better than the 6350)

Robert Ostrowski

Honorable
May 26, 2013
if you can afford it go for it, it is the better cpu of the 2 so its better to get it now rather than think you made the wrong choice. and productivity applications can make better use of the cores, its actually one of the strengths of the fx series.

Axiom34

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Alright I understand what you guys are saying... That's what I was thinking too, that it makes more sense to shell out for something I may not need right at this moment but down the road may come in handy.

thanks

TheMentalist

Distinguished

Exactly, good investment for some years to come